Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Life Lately [9.1.21]

Happy September!!!

Boy, have I missed being on here. The month of August is ALWAYS busy, but this one has felt especially full. We took a last summer trip up to Jackson to see Pierce's parents at the beginning of the month, visited my family in Kentucky, started school, celebrated four family birthdays, three anniversaries and have prayed our way through a job-searching season for Pierce. It has felt busy, but fun and in the midst we've found ways to start back into our routines and simple joys. I thought I'd post just a little of what's been going on recently!
At the beginning of August, we packed our bags and headed west out to Jackson, Wyoming to see Pierce's parents. They have a place out there that they stay all summer and most of fall. It's always a long travel day, but always fun to sneak in a visit when we can! 
We got in a few hikes! 
Enjoyed the outside air... 
And even paddle-boarded for the first time, which was so fun!! Our new favorite hobby!
We love when we get to spend all of our time outdoors, and it was especially sweet knowing school was coming soon! 
But, of course, it wouldn't be a trip to Jackson without delayed flights and missed layovers. We ended up staying an extra night and took the long way home. I snapped this pic to remember our late night flights, blue light glasses and books we read on our phones and kindle. I really do love traveling with him, even when it gets crazy!
We also celebrated the end of summer with a dinner out in town with my family in Louisville! 
And, of course, our favorite stop on the way back to Nashville - Cane's. I'm not sure why we love this place so much....I think it might have something to do with the fact that there is not one in Nashville, but we love everything about it and always split this meal when we can. So we stopped in Bowling Green and enjoyed a nice evening with our favorite, and pretty much only, fast food meal that we love. πŸ˜‚
To kick-off the school year, our school had a family picnic for all of our faculty and staff. It was a sweet way for Pierce to meet other teacher husbands and for us to hang out with a few of our favorites for a night! 
Speaking of school....this little classroom is back open for business this year. 
Something about a new start to the school year always feels refreshing and fun. A clean slate waiting to see what it's store. 
I have eight new students, one in which I'll meet in November, but they are the sweetest little crew, and I have already been so blessed by them. 
First day of school outfit this year... I loved this dress and it was such a great little find on amazon. My shoes, however, didn't make it through the day....haha They are a pair of oldies that my sister and I have both loved and they retired loved and very worn that day haha
The sweetest little hand prints...a small part of me has missed these sweet little crafts that we send home. And another small part of me is still surprised that we can get these hand-prints painted, dried, mounted and laminated in time to send home at 11:00am on the first half-day haha! 
My sister came into town one of our free August weekends, and we had the sweetest brunch with biscuits and fruit before she took off to head to a wedding. You guys know how much I love Joanna Gaines' biscuit recipe, and I finally watched her make it and watched her grate the butter with a cheese grater instead of cutting it and it made all the difference in the world! Just can't recommend these amazing biscuits enough! 
We also took a trip to Birmingham one weekend and got to see two of our favorite couples. We stayed with Caroline and Kyle and their littlest Asher and then we got to celebrate with Julie and John on their newest addition of a little BOY at their gender reveal party! We are so excited for the Carrolls! 
I snapped this picture of my very favorite snack after school. I am just loving these Chloe Strawberry popsicles. It's been so hot here and this popsicle is such a treat in the afternoon! Simple ingredients, but makes me feel like it's still summer!! 
We are back to our early early mornings in this cozy room. Pierce went to basketball one morning and left even before I woke up and I came down to Starbucks that he had gone and picked up and brought back before he left to go play 😭He's amazing, and this was the sweetest morning of time in the Word and drinking such a fun and special treat, even if I missed him by my side that Thursday! 
Third time for making this little class book with all of the sweet faces inside. I love to be able to send this book home for the families to get to know their child's friends at school. This book pretty much stays out all year, and you can tell that they become very well loved and worn throughout the year! 🌴
First day of school ✔️ Beginning of the year conferences ✔️ And now Parent Night ✔️
It was a sweet night, and I loved getting to spend a little more time with the parents talking about all that this year holds for their little ones. 🍎
And I'm so blessed to do it alongside these two. They really are such a blessing for me at school!
Pierce and I took a little trip to the new Chuy's down the street after Parent Night. We still can't believe there's one so close now...maybe a little too tempting πŸ˜‚
We've also slowly entered back into the season of working out and me getting ready at school...sometimes it's hard for me to believe all that happens before 7:30am, but it is a blessing to get to start my morning with a little workout. 
And finally, this past Saturday....we just rested. We watched football, read our books, ordered Chick-fil-A milkshakes to be delivered πŸ˜‚ and just so enjoyed the slow pace of a weekend! 

That pretty much sums up our life lately around here. Has your month of August been just as busy?! I know calendars start to fill up around this time of year, but we are counting down to all things fall around here soon!!! I'll be back soon to post a little more, but thanks for following along in this little journey of ours! 

Love y'all!
Tab

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I found your blog linked through Mix and Match Mama or A Little Bit of Everything, I can't remember which, and I love it! Did you do your graphics for your heading/introduction on the side/the Stay Updated tag? I am in the process of starting a blog (probably a private one for family and friends) and would love to hear more about your design! Did you do it yourself or did you hire someone? You can email me if you would prefer to privately reply about this...I would just love a somewhat similar look for mine and definitely don't have the skills to do that myself, haha. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jennifer!! Thanks for your kind comment! Both of those blogs are two of my favorites :) I'd love to give you insight on how I set it up! I actually did it all myself, and I'm sure you could too!! I'll send you an email with more details! Excited to have a new blog friend - it's a fun place to be!! ❤️

      Delete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!