Wednesday, August 12, 2026

Let's Look - Things We Miss

Happy Wednesday, friends!! I thought today I would jump on the Let's Look blog link-up about "things we miss." 


When I first heard this topic, I started thinking about things that would fall into that category, and I started thinking how sometimes when I think about "missing" something, it's more with a heart of gratitude for that season/place it had in my/our lives at the time... I try to really live where the Lord has us, and in these small ways, the seasons have changed for one reason or the other, and I do miss them, but I'm grateful for the things in this season that I know one day I will "miss" as well...

So, without further ado, here are few of the things that came to mind that I loved and "miss." 

1. Being able to go on date nights whenever we wanted. 
Oh, what a luxury. I feel like we really lived fully in those three and a half married years before littles, but goodness, we do say sometimes that we miss just being able to spontaneously make a "weeknight" a date night with absolutely zero planning hahaha

2. Having one little baby and a very clean/tidied house. 
I will say that some of my friends have stated that the baby season wasn't a favorite for them, and while the lack of sleep was something to get used to, I just simply LOVED having one little baby to care for while having a whole lot of time as well to tend to our home/hobbies/etc. Those weeks and months with Jane are still some of my fondest memories, and goodness, that clean and tidy house without littles getting out a million pieces a million times a day sure was nice as well 😉 

3. Living close to my Birmingham friends. 
I have two sweet and dear college friends in Birmingham that I truly miss living close to. We try to see them as often as possible when we drive through or when they visit Nashville, but spending four years seeing each other daily (and living together on campus all four years with one in a very small 10x10 room and traveling the world together twice on mission trips) is not the same as a now once a year type of visit. Families are growing, and goodness, I miss living close! 

4. Camp. 
Well, camp has always been a special place. I was baptized at camp when I was younger, I worked at camp for four years in college, Pierce and I met at camp, I spent a year after college doing a discipleship program through a camp, and I just loved every minute of those camp memories. I was "Sweet Apple Tea" back in the day, and Pierce was "LegoLand," and they were just some of the very sweetest days. We may or may not have put ourselves on the family camp waitlist this summer because, well, we love camp and summer feels like it's missing just a little something without it. 

5. Sitting in the sun. 
I have always loved a little morning or afternoon sun. With a book, on a lounge chair, by the pool, near the ocean, on a blanket in the grass, you name it, I always tried to soak up some sun at some point before kids. And now, it looks a whole lot less like reading at a book on a lounge chair and a whole lot more like sweating to our core at the park or running at the splash pad, and while I truly love those dearly too, I miss just sitting and soaking in some sun sometimes. 

6. Sleeping In.
Need I say more? Hahaha Saturday mornings used to just be our very favorite time of the entire week. A little extra sleep before a slow morning with tea and coffee? Goodness, sign me up. Now, I would say that Saturday mornings still might be my favorite time of the week, but all for very different reasons, and, like I said, ones that I'm sure I will "miss" in the years to come... 

And those are just a few of the things that came to mind as I was brainstorming a few things we miss... Thanks Shay and Erika for the fun blog link-up! I'll plan to be back here tomorrow!! Wishing everyone the very best Wednesday! And as always, here's to enjoying the little things, celebrating the big things, and soaking in all the moments in-between! 

Sending lots of love!
XO
Tab

1 comment:

  1. Goodness, I am with you on so many of these things! And- as someone who is just a few years ahead of you- rest assured that you will get some of those things back! I am now able to sit and read in the sun while my kids play and it is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!