Monday, January 31, 2022

Week in Review and Motivation Monday #5

Happy Last Day of January!! How is it already the end of January?! For maybe the first time ever, it feels like January has truly flown by over here...maybe it has been all of the snow, or the busy days, or the fact that a baby is on the way, but Pierce and I both said this was the fastest January that we've ever had! 

This past week was a bit crazy on our end, so I thought I'd do a quick week in review and let y'all know what I'm up to in to-dos this week too...
We just got back from spending a snowy weekend in Louisville with my family...We drove up to visit them and had no idea that on Friday afternoon we would be driving through a crazy snow storm...it started coming down about half way there, and by the time we pulled in, there was about 3 inches of thick snow on the ground and roads...we were so thankful to have made it safely and loved spending a restful weekend at this snow covered Kentucky home...even if we didn't have our snow boots with us! ❄️ 
Another big part of our week was this bummer of an injury....as humbling as it is, I tripped on our driveway on Tuesday afternoon and spent the next two days with my foot propped up in our living room...And yes, this is the same driveway that I have walked on for the past three years ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿผ‍♀️๐Ÿ˜‚ For some reason, my balance was off and I tripped where the two pieces come together and didn't think much of it until a little while later when my foot started to swell and fill with pain...I was grateful for a few days to rest, Pierce who took a few days to work from home and help me hobble around, and an amazing team at school who filled in for me when I was at a pretty weak moment...physically and emotionally haha
And yes, shoutout and MVP of the week goes to this guy, who truly did help me recover and took care of us every step of the way. He kept us going when I was down, and I could not be more grateful. ❤️I can't wait to watch him become a dad soon! 
Speaking of...we are at 32 weeks over here and had our appointment on Friday to make sure everything was still looking good. I have snapped a picture here once or twice and had to get a little update of this growing babe...can't believe we are in the single digit countdown in weeks! 
Also, just incase you're on the lookout for a maternity sweater, this one is currently my favorite (and maybe only๐Ÿ˜‚) one that I have. It is so thick and cozy and warm and I got to wear it to a nice dinner for Pierce's work on Tuesday before my ankle saga and loved it!!  

But alas, here we are...back at Monday with a week's worth of to-dos ahead of us....

I'm sure everyone is dying to know about my current phone storage situation...and I am happy to report that with two days confined to our living room, I did make quite a bit of progress on the whole ordeal...but...
This screen is still haunting my sleep at night...I am pretty close though and have no fear that hopefully within the next week, all my photos will be on our external hard-drive and I can clear enough room to back up our phones....one can at least pray that that will be the case! Haha

But this week, my to-dos are more focused on a few things I need to get done at school and setting my team up for success for when I leave...I know February is going to be filled with quite a few life and baby things, from showers to classes and appointments, furniture and nursery decorating and the list of "things to do before you're due," so I'm trying to get school squared away so I can have room in my brain and calendar to split my time...

1. Finish my eight online photobooks. 
These are the sweetest gifts to give out at the end of the year, and I am working my way through getting them finished up a little early this year. We use Mixbook, and it is so simple and fun to create...it makes me wonder why I don't make them for my normal life... 

2. Finish my weekly news for the semester. 
I love getting to put these together every week for my team and I've been working hard to get ahead, so they can have them ready to go. I need to add a few dates and events, but hopefully I can get these finished this week. 

3. Print out my April and May folders. 
I have a few ongoing folders on my computer of things for the last two months, and I think I will go ahead and get them printed out so I can file them away and have things sorted for when they're needed. 

Whew! I need to go get busy it seems...haha What are you guys up to this week and what are the big things on your list that I can encourage you in this week? It's been fun to hear about the small things like laundry or dusting an old shelf to big things that you all have going on. I pray that this little space on Monday mornings help us orient ourselves to the bigger picture, that we can pray and find joy and thankfulness even in the ordinary and small items of our week.

I hope your all's last day of January is a productive and joyful day! 
Sending lots of love, and I'll check back in soon!
❤️Tabitha

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shoutout, haha!! The picture at the top is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!