Monday, January 3, 2022

Motivation Monday #1

Here we are on the first Monday of 2022. It's snowing in Nashville, which makes it so fun! But it doesn't change the surmounting amount of items that continue to pile up on my to-do list...

And as I've been thinking about this year and the many lists in my head, I thought maybe a fun tradition of this little blog could be coming together on Mondays for a few "to-dos" for the week that need to get done. 

I am a list girl through-and-through, but I know that once things are written down, and also once you've shared those things with others, the likelihood of them getting actually done drastically increases. So...I thought maybe I'd start by just sharing a few of my to-dos for the week, simple as they may be, and I'd love to hear yours too so we can keep each other accountable on these simple and sometimes menial and mundane tasks. 
I started this new year out reading "Risen Motherhood: Gospel Hope for Everyday Moments" by Emily Jensen and Laura Wifler and a favorite quote has been, "Our everyday moments might be ordinary, but when we accomplish them while displaying the fruit of the Spirit, they reflect our extraordinary Savior." It's one of my goals to do the little things with a spirit of joy and thankfulness this year, and I'd love for you to join me! 

So this week... my three "little" things are...

1. Wash our guest room sheets and get the room ready for a guest this weekend.
(When we started painting the nursery over Christmas break, the guest room took the brunt of a gazillion things...so...it needs a little help this week.)

2. Return our items. 
(This is something that alwayyys ends up at the bottom of my list, but this week, I have a pair of jeans, a sweater, and a few other random items that need to be sent back to the store.) 

3. Vacuum downstairs. 
(This is something that I am sad to admit, but it has been on my list for well over a month...maybe now that I'm putting it in writing for all to see, it'll actually get done this week.)

What are your things that you are trying to accomplish this week, as little or big as they may be? I'm excited to encourage you and walk with you through this first week of 2022 as we start tackling some of these tasks with joy and hope in the Lord!

Here's to checking off the ordinary with a new mindset and a joy fixed on Him!
Sending lots of love and prayer on this Monday morning!
Tab

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!