Saturday, March 26, 2022

The Riddick Home...The Nursery ❤️

The Riddick Home has a new little room upstairs, and I'm excited to share with our sweet Nursery with you! 
This room has been in the works for so long now, and I wasn't sure it would all come together before the baby came, but we are thankful for the space that has come to mean a great deal to us already. We know it's far from perfect and there are still a few more things that will need to be changed/put into place, but we are excited to show you what it looks like today!
So grab a cup of tea and cozy up as I show you around (a very small space 😂) while giving you some background on some of the projects and different parts of the room! 
When we first moved in, we made this room our guest room and have just been so grateful to welcome so many people into this small and sweet space. When we found out we were expecting, Pierce graciously gave up his studio room next door for that to become the guest room and this little space the nursery. I didn't let myself dream about this space for a while, as I easily got overwhelmed thinking about all the possibilities and details...but one thing I knew that I wanted to try was a Board and Batten wall. 
I had tried to think of a wall in our house for a board and batten wall for so long...and when we decided on this room as the nursery, we knew we had to try it! 
Pierce was just such a champ in making my dreams come true over Christmas break. I had watched about a million tutorials, but I'm not sure he knew exactly what he was getting himself into... 😂 
He worked so hard that week though, and we made the wall come together, which was such a fun project to do together. 
We just love the way it turned out honestly! 
While we're on the topic of Pierce, let's just say that this room would not have come together without him. He also bore with me as I tried to decide on curtains...not just color, but also height, spacing, etc.... He was the most patient with me... 
And definitely got his workout in... 
But we got them hung in-between his March Madness games 🏀😂 
And were so happy with how they turned out!  
Speaking of patient with me...this may or may not be the actual third dresser that has been in this room the past few months... We have a running joke that Pierce will go crazy if he hears the word "dresser" one more time... haha This dresser that we landed on is mine from middle and high school that my mom bought and re-did for my room at home. She did an amazing job, and we were so thrilled when she let us have it for the nursery. 
It really just fits the space so well, and it's sweet having a little piece of home in this little room. 
One last brag on this dad-to-be is the closet space...
I'm honestly embarrassed to show you this mess of a space that we started with in October...this is the afternoon I literally pulled everything out of every nook and cranny...we had used this closet as "storage" when we first got married and it just became way too much way too quickly....we had a big purge and got it down to this....
Which....was a little better, but also not very practical... 
And because Pierce is the amazing husband that he is...listened to my crazy thought of redoing the closet shelving exactly a week before our due date 😂 
He worked hard to install these Elfa shelves from the Container Store that you can mix and match, and we were thrilled with the space it gave us. 
I know it will continue to be a work in progress in organizing, but we were so grateful for a space to actually store some things, and were grateful for how far we had come since October....
So....this is pretty much the face of all the nursery projects right there 😂  I am so grateful for all of his help!!

Here are just a few more little snapshots from the sweet space... 
Baby Riddick, we can't wait to welcome you home!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!