Saturday, March 26, 2022

Celebrating the Big Things...Five Years of Teaching and The Start of a New Season

I can't believe March 10th, 2022 marked a pretty big milestone in our journey so far... With almost five years of teaching under my belt, and three at the sweetest school I know, we are prayerfully taking a step back from teaching as we welcome this little one. 
This little verse that I walk by in the mornings and afternoons really is a cornerstone in trusting what He has in store for us. 
In 2016, I started teaching 5th grade in Plano, TX as Miss Whitacre... 
Then moved to TN and taught 2nd grade for a year before we got married and I took a year off... 
Then in 2019, I went back to the classroom teaching Junior Kindergarten, a grade I never would have guessed I would teach. Pierce snapped this August 5th before I left for work that first morning....
And here we are, on March 10th, 2022, SO grateful for all the Lord has taught me in these five years in the classroom. I can't even begin to count the ways in which I've seen his blessings through this job. There have definitely been amazing days, and hard days, rough patches, and times when I have felt like I'm exactly where the Lord needed me. 
These two will always hold a special place in my heart for these past three years. They have been the best to work with, and it was a bittersweet goodbye, but I'm grateful their friendship will go beyond these mornings on the playground and days in the classroom. ❤️
Just grateful for this little corner and pocket of my world that I've lived in these past three years. 
I snapped a few pictures before I left that day so that I could remember this sweet space and all the memories that it holds. Last year, I wrote a post on the Gift of Teaching, that I will always treasure and look back on with the fondest of memories. 
So, as we say goodbye to this small season, we walk faithfully into the next, excited to see what He has in store. 
Pierce picked me up that day and had a note and a snack ready to go....
He really is so good at celebrating the big and small things... 
He had a dinner out planned for that night....
And a celebration dessert at Jeni's as we reflected on the sweetest journey and bittersweet ending and beginning for what's to come. I am grateful to the Lord for everyday that I spent in the classroom...for all that He has taught me, about myself and my gifts, about my love for teaching and love for math, for the ways that He has used specific details to redeem hard days and seasons, and for the many blessing that have come out of pouring out everyday with His glory. I pray He uses these five years in big ways in the future... We are excited to see what is in store and to trust Him and His leading along the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!