Saturday, March 26, 2022

Showering Baby Riddick...We are so thankful!

Goodness...have we felt so loved during this incredible season. We can't even begin to thank everyone we need to thank for showering us with so many prayers, gifts, generosity, and love throughout the past few months. I wanted to put these pictures all in one place so that we could look back and always remember these sweet days of celebration before our little one came... 
February 27th was a sweet day to remember, and I snapped this right before we left. I wanted to remember all the details...so here are a few snapshots of the day! 
I wasn't sure what the weather would be like for a February shower, but when I woke up and it was sunny and in the sixties, I knew I had to wear this sweet maternity dress that I had ordered. 
I am so grateful to our dear friend Abby who hosted this day and put in so much thought, effort and creativity into making it so special. 
My sweet sister made the most AMAZING cookies for the day, which was such a special part of the shower.
I wish I had taken a better picture...but you can see the general idea that they were truly adorable and perfect in every way. She has a true talent, and we were so grateful she took the time to make these for us!
My sweet friend Julie drove all the way from Birmingham to be there for the afternoon, which meant the world! 
And Elizabeth drove down from Louisville to celebrate, which was so fun having her in town! 
Courtney and Erika came even though they had thrown a sweet school shower just two days before. ❤️
And my sweet mom made us a homemade quilt, which means the world and is something that we will truly treasure forever. 🥰
I know I've missed a million people who came and showered us, but we were just so grateful for every single person who came and for all the love and kindness, generosity and prayer that filled this Sunday afternoon! 
Speaking of sweet afternoons...these precious little ones had thrown a shower after school a few days before and it is also such a special memory for us! 
They went above and beyond on their sweet decorations and treats... 
They gave me a corsage and we played some some baby games... 
And then had the sweetest time opening their little gifts. 
Pierce and I truly just felt so grateful for the afternoon and all sweetness that came with it. 
What a special treat that shower was!!
Then this was my view when I walked into school the next morning...I truly could not even believe that details that had gone into this sweet shower at school. 💕💙
Erika and Courtney had truly thought of everything... 
Their love and creativity just poured out into this shower, and it was the sweetest to experience. It was set up in the classroom next door to mine, and throughout the day, teachers and admin stopped by, left a note and a prayer, grabbed a snack and said hi. It was perfect to be able to chat with so many people that I don't normally get to see. It was truly a shower that was right up my alley, and I'm grateful for two friends that know me so well. 
They had all the students make a sweet book for our little one, which I'll always treasure. 
And everyone took a vote on if they thought pink or blue...
Pretty much my entire class voted pink and would "campaign" for girl when people would come by...it was a pretty hilarious day. They were truly viewing it as an "election..." so hopefully they are not disappointed by the outcome haha 
Courtney and Erika had asked the school to contribute to one big gift instead of several small ones, which was so perfect and such an amazing blessing. 
They gifted us with a carseat and stroller set, which we were just so incredibly grateful for!! 
These two. Always going above and beyond and just the two best friends anyone could have asked to work with for three years. ❤️
We will truly never forget this sweet seasons of showers and all the fun and blessings that have come along with it. Thank you so much to everyone who has come alongside of us and blessed us in this journey. It has meant the world, and we are so grateful for your prayers, love, kindness, and generosity! Thank you!!

With grateful hearts, 
Tab and Pierce

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!