Friday, October 9, 2026

Friday Favorites - Morning Light, Fall Crafts, and Pumpkin Spice Candles

Happy FRIDAY!!!! Oh, we are so glad the weekend is here! We've been trying to soak up every last bit of this sweet October. The kids have loved playing outside every morning, I've loved the weather for walks, and our house and porch is slowly filling up with pumpkins. Today I just have a few little simple joys and favorites to share from our week. I hope you are finding them in yours as well. Here are a few of ours for your Friday!! 



Well, my first favorite is the fall morning light coming in a place that just makes me smile. I walked down the stairs the other morning and had to stop to just snap a picture. I've been trying to hang up more art in our house for two littles that are loving "crafts" these days, and I don't know if it's the teacher in me or just the fact that we have littles in the house, but it makes it feel a little more like "home" right now. 

This room always has me in that "wishing things were different" mindset, between adding a whole bunch of cabinets, baskets, and storage to my cart and then making the full circle back to being content with what we have, where we are, and what the Lord has blessed us with. I'm not sure if we'll end up changing this room up at some point to help make it function the best for our family, but for right now, I am hanging some art, enjoying the light, and trying the best I can to live in that sweet spot of contentment. 


My favorite little corner right now though is this particular little wall in our kitchen.
The sunflower was a "craft" when I was out of ideas one morning. If you know Jane, you know this little one is quite obsessed with "crafts" right now. So, please send all that you have hahaha We cut out some "petals" and a brown circle, and she put together the rest on a paper plate and cut out the stem and leaves to match. 
And of course, added the family to the back hahaha 
But the little hands...I will always treasure this sweet little paper. Jane brought it down after rest time one day with Andy following right behind and said, "Andy did SO well today!!! He laid his hands down so still and waited so patiently. Then I turned them into trees!" My heart truly swelled, and although we put it on the wall, I have a feeling I will be framing that little treasure soon hahaha And isn't Andy the best sport?! Hahaha it's hard enough having two "mommies" but two teachers, too?! 😂


And the third little part of that corner is a favorite from last week as well. I mentioned this in my life lately post, but I was putting together a tiny fall gift for a group of leaders at church, and Jane helped me make 13 fall "bookmarks." She was SO excited to help, and each one of them was so different, but just felt like fall to me. 
It was a sweet little gift to put together. I added a pumpkin spice tea bag, these sweet pumpkin coasters, a little gift card and then this precious fall tag. 
A simple little gift that was so fun to make!! 


Having playdoh on our kitchen table is another favorite for me right now. Andy called me over one morning and said, "Mommy, look! Papa! And Nana!!" Hahaha it made me smile. I mean, it looks just like them, right?!  


And lastly, is my current favorite fall candle. I found this sweet Etsy shop years ago and love that their candles are 100% beeswax, with cotton wicks and scented with clean oils. But this particular Pumpkin Spice candle has been ALL of our very favorites this year. Even Pierce has mentioned it several times. It hasn't been too strong, the scent is light and airy, and I personally love that it's beeswax and just makes it feel a lot more like "fall" around here. 

And there you have it!! Just a few simple joys and favorites for your Friday!! I hope you are finding them in your weeks as well!! We have a rainy weekend ahead of us, so we are planning on lots of soup and football and family time, and couldn't be looking forward to it more. Thanks as always for following along and thanks Erika and Andrea for the fun blog link-up as well! I hope everyone has a wonderful October weekend!!

I'll plan to see you back here next week!!
Sending lots of love on this Friday!!
XO
Tab

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!