Tuesday, March 23, 2021

The Next Nine Things You Might Not Know About Us...

Well, I started the last post thinking I would just list ten things you might not know, but then as I got to number one, it just kind of led into us telling our story of how we met... You can read about that here

But here we are back to the next nine things you might not know about us...I love reading random facts about other people/couples/families that I might not have known, and I can still think of things that I have read that have stuck with me and become a part of my life too, big and small. So, here we go...our life isn't too crazy, but hopefully these will be fun for you to know. 


2. We dated long distance for twelve months.
 I was in Dallas and Pierce was in Nashville for most of those twelve months. There were many FaceTimes dates, road trips meeting in Little Rock, and tears saying goodbye at the airport. And we were honestly thrilled when I moved to Nashville and were able to "date" in the same city. 

Over Christmas, I sent Pierce twelve gifts for the Twelve Days of Christmas and this ornament still hangs on our tree every year. 

We joke that this is the way Pierce won my dad's heart. He helped me move from Dallas to Nashville, from helping me drive the U-Haul across the country to loading my things into a storage unit for the summer and then unloading again and moving me into my new place...he was a champ that summer, and we couldn't have been happier to be in the same city. 

3. We got married on the beach...a childhood dream that came to life for me. October 27th, 2018 will always be one of my very favorite days. 


4. We both have small businesses that we love to run...I have a small math tutoring business called Super Simple Tutoring, and Pierce runs a small production company, Riddick Productions. We both feel so blessed getting to do what we feel called to do and are so thankful that the Lord continues to bless them.

This past summer, we made tutoring work with Zoom sessions on my porch...document camera and all. I love meeting in person with my students, but was so thankful to continue virtually even through 2020.  

5. We don't have a TV in our house. I read The Magnolia Story while we were engaged, and Joanna and Chip talked about how they didn't have a TV their first year of marriage...several other couples encouraged us to do the same, so we tried it. And we honestly loved it so much, two and a half years later, we still don't have one. Now, don't get me wrong, sometimes we watch football or a movie or show on our laptop, but we love that it creates a small and fun memory when we do watch something. And we have come to love our living room and not sure where a TV would go, even if we wanted to add it haha! 


6. We work out at 5:30am...now, if you know me, you know how much I love sleep and might be as surprised by this as I am. But I always say, once you try it, you really can't go back. We LOVE Camp Gladiator and LOVE our trainer, Liz, even more. Our morning workout crew has been fun community to have in many seasons of our lives (Pierce started coming with me the summer before we got married, and we've been going ever since.) We always say that it's a marriage enhancer - getting up together, being able to be in the car, working out together (the workouts are varied enough that Pierce and I both get an amazing workout in), and processing, reading and praying before the rest of the day starts, we couldn't rave about it more.


7. We're memorizing the book of Philippians this year. In The Forge, Pierce and I both memorized the book of 1st Peter, and it was amazing. It's pretty incredible to have Scripture just so quickly in your heart, and this year we made it a goal to memorize Philippians. We've printed off tiny pages and have them throughout our house and bathroom. 

8. We have a garden in the summertime. When we moved in, there were two garden boxes that I spent a few days cleaning out and starting small with a few peppers. Then last summer, Pierce got on board and we ended up growing quite a few things. It was so fun, and we loved having lettuce, spinach, peppers, and tomatoes just on hand throughout the summer. 


9. It's our dream to go on the Amazing Race. We both grew up watching this show, and if we ever do watch a show on our laptop, this is definitely one of them! Pre-covid, we had looked at the calendar/our jobs/the application process to see if we could make it happen, but then 2020 came...so, for now, we will just live vicariously through other couples on older seasons and talk about how "this could be an Amazing Race challenge" for everything we do...haha!

10. We love to have Date Night on Thursday nights. We started this when we were dating long distance, and it honestly just happened to carry over into dating in the same city, then engagement and now two and a half years into marriage, we still look forward to Thursday nights. We know seasons will change, and this will probably not always be our normal, but whether it's a dinner out or just a night at home, we try to make Thursdays a special night for us. ❤️
This past fall, I begged Pierce to watch You've Got Mail with me outside with hot chocolate...not sure why, but that sounded like a dream...we didn't have a projector screen or a fire-pit, but we made it work with a laptop for the movie and a laptop for the "fire..." it was definitely a night to remember. 

And there you have it...ten (nine in this post...) things you might not know about us. We love hearing fun things about our friends that we may not know either, so share away! 

We love y'all!!
Tab 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness y'all are so fun!!! I hope to have a marriage and love like ya'll's one day!! Love you guys so much :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww we love you Audge!!! Thanks for cheering us on and being our biggest fans. So thankful for you! 🥰

      Delete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!