Tuesday, April 20, 2021

March Favorites [2021]

I started this blog at the very end of February this year, and originally, I wanted to document all that had already happened so far in the year, so I made my January Favorites post about our start to the year and New Years trip to Jackson and my February Favorites post about our month of February with the Snow Storm being in the middle. 

I wasn't sure if I would continue for each month this year, but I thought I would add March and we'll go from there... I'll be honest, March wasn't that exciting this year in the Riddick house, but here are a few snapshots of what we were up to...

This Spring, we have found one of our all-time favorite things...coconuts!

I'm not kidding when I say, we could seriously eat one of these every day. You can get these Young Sweet Water Coconuts at Kroger or Publix, and Pierce watched a YouTube video on how to cut them open. The coconut water inside I promise is one of the most refreshing things to drink. Then, you can eat the meat after the water is gone, I usually scrape both of ours because Pierce isn't the biggest fan, but you should definitely try these! It's an amazing refreshing and fun snack/drink!

Pierce also got a new Coffee set-up, which he LOVES. He will literally say around 6:30pm, I can't wait to go to sleep so I can wake up and drink my coffee πŸ˜‚ Ridiculous and hilarious at the same time, but I'm so thankful that he loves His time in the Word even more now with some amazing coffee. 

One night, we were out and randomly decided to go to Blaze Pizza....We both got the Cauliflower Crust BBQ Chicken Pizza and let me tell you...we legitimately went back too many times to count in March πŸ€·πŸΌ‍♀️🀦🏼‍♀️πŸ˜‚But it made for a few sweet nights out, which are fun to look back on! 

We also traveled to Texas in March to see one of our dearest friends get married... I blog more about that trip here, but it was such a special trip!
We loved every minute of celebrating the Colliers! 

Now last Spring Break, we were soaking up some time on this beautiful beach... My parents had a beach house for Spring Break, and when Pierce found out he was working from home for the week, we packed up and joined them for the week. My little sister flew in from Texas when classes were canceled, and it was an unexpected family vacation that we will always treasure. 

But this year...we stayed put and enjoyed some rainy days in Nashville and a few sunny afternoons and evenings in Louisville. 
We love our time up in Louisville at my parent's house for so many reasons... It truly does feel like a resort at times for us, and this front porch is one of our favorite places to be... It has been a favorite of mine since my parents built our house when I was seven...and so many memories have happened on this sweet porch...Pierce actually proposed on this porch because he knew I loved this place so much!! 
I will always treasure the memories of this sweet and special day! ❤️

We had plenty of Taco Salad...a true staple when we go to Louisville. 

Almost always followed by Graeter's Ice-Cream. My dad always keeps our freezer stocked, especially when he knows we're coming home! Now, I will say, anyone who knows me knows I love vanilla. I will get vanilla anywhere we go, but there are two flavors I love even more. One, is Brown Butter Almond Brittle from Jeni's and number two, is Cherry Chocolate Chip from Graeter's - yum!! It is a seasonal flavor and is only available in February, so Dad always stocks up for me and it is seriously such a fun treat when I get to have it! 

One night, Audge asked us to go watch the sunset with her at the silo... It's in a park that is a part of The Louisville Loop, which is a plan to have 100 miles of biking and walking trails around Louisville. Such a neat little place!
The views from the top are amazing...
And it really is the perfect place to watch the sun go down...
We loved being able to experience Audrey's place with her πŸ˜

Notice me gripping the edge...it actually feels a lot higher than you would imagine haha 

It was a sweet night and if we can't watch the sunset on the beach, this was definitely the next best place to be! 

We loved our few days in Louisville for Spring Break this year!

Anyone who knows us always laughs at this...but for some odd reason, we both seriously love Cane's...I'm not sure exactly what it is, but we would both go to incredible lengths to have some of these chicken fingers, fries and sauce πŸ˜‚And honestly, luckily for us, there is not one in Nashville, but we pass one coming home from Louisville and it's always the most fun stop to get our fill on the way back home. 

We had many workout mornings, getting ready for school...Starbucks in hand as I get my classroom ready and the day started...I got this cute pullover in February and truly wore it out this Spring...you've probably seen it in one too many pictures, but it was a go-to this year!

But there were a few mornings where we got to enjoy a slower pace, and our favorite Nashville breakfast spot... 

And of course our own breakfast nook with our favorite breakfast tacos! 

March was filled with too many household chores on the weekends...Pierce is a champ at keeping up with all things home. 
And I still love my Rainbow Vacuum now more than ever. Last summer, I was on a search for a vacuum. I honestly can't even believe I am typing those words πŸ˜‚ But I knew we needed a good one especially with our hardwood floors throughout the downstairs. Growing up, my family always had a Rainbow vacuum, and I loved the fact that it was water instead of a bag to catch all of the dust/things... But I knew Rainbow was WAY out of our price range/budget....until.... I found a used one on Marketplace and just about begged her to sell it to me haha! We were so excited to get such a steal and honestly, love the way it makes our floors look and also how it makes our house feel...a new kind of clean...and always worth the extra time to add the water/essential oils...

We've enjoyed church in our living room a few times on Sunday monrings simply because we LOVE the slow pace it allows us to have on Sundays and just the sweetness that comes along with being in our home studying the word with coffee and tea. We know nothing replaces worship in person though and are thankful for the mornings at our church as well! 

Even with the Cane's and Blaze Pizza obsession, we still managed to fill some of our dinners with greens πŸ˜‚

We had Superhero Day at school to end our Superhero unit... We studied about Superheroes from the Bible, had superheroes from our school come to visit and teach us, and then talked about how God created each person to have individual gifts that made them their own superhero that He would use for His glory. I love this team of mine and the fact that we get to instill these principles in our little ones. 

This was one of my favorite things from our unit, so I couldn't help but share! It's from my teammate, but one of our superheroes from the Bible was Samson. We taught about how his strength made him such a hero in God's story...and so to help the kids remember, we painted Samson's muscles, talked about how his hair was such an important piece of his strength and planted grass seed to create his hair. 

The kids watered and watched every day as the grass grew longer, and when the grass grew tall enough, we let them retell the stories to their families and when they cut his "hair," they would take off his muscles to show the story of him losing his strength. It was such a sweet part of our Superhero unit! The kids still talk about Samson almost daily, and it always makes me smile thinking of this simple picture.

And that's pretty much March in a nutshell...not too exciting, but we honestly love enjoying the small moments. We're learning it's where life happens and it's where memories are made...so I hope we can always look back on March 2021 and smile for all that the Lord taught us and showed us. We're getting close to summer over here, and truly can't believe it! 

Thanks for following along on our simple little journey...it's been a blessing for me this spring! 
We'll post more soon! 
Love y'all!
Tab & Pierce


4 comments:

  1. Okay WELL I am just teary eyed and so happy!!!! Love y'all and LOVE THIS post so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks, Brit!!! We love you too!! ❤️ Thankful for you!!

      Delete
  2. You look so calm in all of those silo pictures hahahah. Love making an appearance!! Thanks for watching the freezing cold sunset with me! Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HahahaπŸ˜‚ Have everyone fooled bahaha And of course! We will have to go back soon!!! ❤️ Especially when it's warmer haha

      Delete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!