Tuesday, July 28, 2026

Riddick Summer Tidbits

Hi friends!!!! Goodness, have I missed this space. Summer has just gotten away from us over here, and I had to take a week last week to get things a little more situated and settled and just be present in the moment for a bit. Is everything completely situated and settled?! No...hahaha but having a week with the littles to just enjoy the summer days sure was needed and helped our little summer rhythm a bit. 
But I'm back today and thought I'd just share some little summer tidbits...a little of this and a little of that and just a whole lot of random little thoughts for your Tuesday!! Hope you enjoy and hope you're soaking up the last of all this summer has held!!! 

Summer of Letter Fun. 
Are we finished or even close to our 26 things?! No... BUT has it made our summer so much more fun just seeing our list and adding some fun to our days/weeks?! Definitely!! We have probably missed a few timing wise this summer, but we have sure loved the ones we've gotten to check off and are still taking the next month of so to check off even more as we soak in a few more adventures. 

Lost keys. 

Well, this was a new one for the Riddicks over here... One Thursday night, Pierce got home from work, we surveyed what we had in the fridge, and we decided we would make it an eating out night just for fun. We told the kids, said goodbye to the neighbors, packed up the car, but when we went to start it, it said, "Vehicle key not found..." 

So, of course, we went to check our drawer where we keep our keys, then my extra purse, then the kitchen counter where our keys sometime land...then...about a million more places until we just looked at each with kind of that "Huh?" look... And then the questions. Who drove it last? Where did we put them when we brought them in? Were the kids playing with them at some point? Etc, etc... About 20 minutes in, we obviously had to unpack the kids, reassess our dinner plan, and started googling what you do when you've lost your only set of Volvo keys.... 

Goodness, it was a stressful little evening (Pierce has a two door Tacoma that really isn't made for our family of four), but we finally decided to put Andy in the booster that was a bit big for him, and go to a neighborhood spot not far from our house, and then proceeded to spend the dinner talking about spots where we might not have checked... 

When we got home, we spent a little bit more time looking, then had to get the kids' bedtime going... I triple checked our laundry room and as I was standing there, happened to look down, and low and behold, I saw something catch my eye on the bottom of our pantry shelf...
It was our KEY... blending into our juicer...goodness... Little Andy.... He just smiled and said, "Yeah..." when we asked if he had put it there... It was a memorable night for the Riddicks to say the least...and we immediately ordered some Airtags hahaha because who wants to go through that again?! 

SO hot.

Goodness, anyone else?! It has just been SO hot, but we have still been trying to soak up as much outside time as we can (while still staying hydrated), and I've been trying to get my miles in a bit earlier these days too... I never want to wish away summer, but I will say I'm getting quite excited for that cool fall breeze!! 

Fixer Upper. 

One day after rest time this summer, Andy was still sleeping, and Jane and I decided to do something "fun" and out of the ordinary, and it led to me showing her my love for those first few seasons of Fixer Upper. I clicked on a house that I had remembered, and before I knew it, she was belly laughing at things Chip was saying/doing, asking me which house I thought they were going to choose, and asking to replay any scenes that had to do with their littles. And thus began an unintentional summer 2026 little routine of watching a few minutes of Fixer Upper after rest time. Sometimes Andy joins us, and sometimes he's still sleeping, but they have just loved it as much as I always have.  

Our neighbor pulled us in on a walk the other day to show us her updated kitchen and she pulled out a "before" picture on her phone to show us, and Jane looked up at me and smiled and said, "This is just like the show!!" Hahaha Yes, indeed. I hope she grows to love design as much as I do, and goodness knows, she would be amazing at it with her little creative mind!! 

New garage shelving. 

Well, let me take you back to March 2026 when a top shelf in our garage that had been there when we moved in decided to finally collapse, along with an entire shelf worth of items and miss our car windshield by inches haha So, four months later, we finally invested in our very favorite Elfa shelving, this time for the garage, and boy what a game changer it's been!! We all got a little excited for Christmas putting our Christmas bins back up there!! And we are thankful for a weekend project finally completed too!! 

Prayer Journal Night. 
It has been on my heart so long to host a little "Prayer Journal Night" for friends to come and make one for the first time, update a current one that they have or just simply learn about the blessing of one. So I finally picked a night, created an invitation, and it's on the books for next week. Well, Jane has been VERY excited about this night, and after asking (begging๐Ÿ˜‰) if she could stay for it, we have started putting her together her very own journal, and let me tell you, it has been a HIGHLIGHT for this little creative girl. We are adding pictures of family and a few friends for her to have and pray through, and she has thoroughly enjoyed decorating it to be so "her." We found this simple little journal on Amazon, and with this paper, it's been the best little summer project for us. I'll be sure to post more about our Prayer Journal Night afterwards as well!! 

And really, there you have it, just a few little tidbits from our summer!! I sure have missed being on this space, and I'll plan to be back here tomorrow for a little July wrap-up with What's Up Wednesday. Thanks as always for following along, and here's to hoping everyone is having the very best summer!! Here's to enjoying the little things, celebrating the big things, and soaking in all the moments in-between!!

Sending lots of love!
XO
Tab

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!