Thursday, August 22, 2024

Frame This Moment - "I'm Watching You, Mommy!"

Happy Thursday!! Today's Frame This Moment is simply a moment in time that felt like a "lightbulb moment" right in the middle of such an average day...  
This little one is truly growing up right before our very eyes and earlier this week, I asked her if she wanted to help me finish my energy balls that I was making and she RAN to get her stool, set it down right next to me, climbed up and said, "I'm watching you!!!" It made me smile and pause all at the same time and when she said it again, "I'm watching you, Mommy!" I realized yes, she really is always watching, (whether she announces it or not...😂)

Now, I know this is not a new thought or realization, but it just hit me differently in that moment. This little one is growing and learning SO much every day and what a gift that we get to be the ones teaching and molding her little heart and soul, but how much more is she picking up just by watching us. 

My teaching days definitely taught me this...when my students would play "teacher" and all of my quotes and directions and mannerisms would come out in their play. It always made me laugh at what they picked up on, mostly things that were not in my "lesson plans." And I'm just reminded of it again as Jane is getting older... 
I snapped this the other day when we were on our way back from Louisville. Pierce was saying a prayer before we ate, and I happened to look up and see her sweet little self praying just like Daddy was. It made me smile and made me thankful she has a Daddy to model and watch... 
It makes me treasure little moments like this all the more too...as we drink smoothies on the "front porch" with "matching pink straws" and chat about anything and everything in a little two-year-old's mind.. She's watching and taking in all in for sure... 
We are trying hard to put down our phones, set aside distractions, and enjoy these days with these littles who are "Watching you, Mommy!!!" 😂🥰 Thankful for the gift and blessing of being the ones they watch!! 

Just a little moment in time that made me stop and frame in a tiny bit different way this week... As always, thanks for sharing your tiny snapshots as well!! They always make my day!! I'll plan to be back here next week!! 

Here's to enjoying the little things, celebrating the big things, and soaking in all the moments in-between! 
Sendings lots of love!
XO
Tab

2 comments:

  1. I love this so much! Such a beautiful example of how little ones can teach us!! 💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww absolutely!!! I feel like I am learning from them almost every day ❤️

      Delete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!