Tuesday, August 27, 2024

A Few of Jane's Favorite Activities

Happy Tuesday! Today I thought I'd share a few favorite activities of ours over here lately... 
 
Honestly though, this whole post could probably be simply about painting...this girl LOVES painting let me tell you... 
I grabbed this little set of paints when Jane was small so that we could do some handprint crafts, and almost two years later, we've gotten the set a few more times and it is one of our MOST used item around here... You can find a six-pack on Amazon or Target has a 10-pack that Jane loves too. 
We have an assortment of paint-brushes, save our Amazon boxes for "canvases," and she could and does truly spend hours just painting... 
It's washable, so I don't really mind if she "experiments" a little while she plays... I usually just stick her in the kitchen sink after to get cleaned up 😂
I usually set her up on the porch or drive-way, but a few times we've done the kitchen floor... 
And Nana and Papa's house might have been her very favorite!! 
Watercoloring has also been a crowd-favorite over here... I love watercolors because usually the final project is always so pretty with a mix of colors... 
...and we love to display them even when they're on the back of scrap paper 🎨
Another fun favorite that I have always loved is little stickers and sticker books... These are so fun for little fingers and can seriously keep a little one occupied for so long... 
This was definitely a favorite in my classroom too!! We'd always have everyone bring in a sheet or two of stickers to share with their friends and cover our tables with stickers for them to add to their sweet books... Definitely adding this to our travel bag too for our plane flight that's coming up!!
I've mentioned Melissa and Doug's puffy stickers before, but someone gifted Jane with a new little set to play with while I feed Andy, and it has been a fun addition to our collection as well!! 
The splash pad has been a huge hit this summer!! Add the slide and it's been a definite favorite!! 
This girl also loves any time she can get her hands on colored pencils, markers, and crayons of any and all sizes!! 
And I wrote a little more about Jane loving reading to Andy here, but this girl loves and loves to grab her books throughout the day. 
This little book that she is reading is such a sweet and special one for a little girl too!! 

Add swinging, riding her bike, playing with sidewalk chalk, bubbles and neighbors and you pretty much have our summer in a nutshell. Hope there has been a little inspiration if you're looking for any fun activities to add to your house and if you have any we'd love, I'd love to hear too!!! We are always looking for fun ideas to add!!

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!!
Sending lots of love!
XO
Tab

2 comments:

  1. Much older mom here but I love reading your blog! It brings me back to the days of raising my kids! My youngest two loved to paint and their favorite thing was when I rolled a big roll of freezer paper down the middle of the kitchen floor and let them paint! Some day soon, Andy will be joining Jane!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, Maureen, this made my day!!! Thank you for your kind comment!! I LOVE that so much!! We might just have to get some freezer paper for the middle of our kitchen soon too 🥰 And Jane can't even wait until Andy is joining her 😉 Thanks for reading and for your sweet encouragement too!! ❤️

      Delete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!