Thursday, August 1, 2024

A Million Moments to Frame

Oh, friends, HAPPY AUGUST!! Happy Thursday! Happy Frame This Moment Day (or in this case Frame These Moments!!) June and July have been full to the BRIM over here, and we have loved every minute, but I have sure missed this little space! 
I'm so excited and glad to be back! Pierce is back to work, Andy is SIX WEEKS old, Jane is truly the best big sister, and we have been loving so many high highs (and low lows 😉) as we try to soak in this sweet season where the Lord has us. 

From two weeks of waiting for Baby Andy to come, to welcoming him home, settling into a family of four, healing and recovering, watching Jane GROW UP before our very eyes, having family in town, taking our first trip to Louisville, and being blessed so much by such a sweet community here in Nashville, we have really felt and experienced it all this summer. 

I realized though that I love this little space. I love being able to keep so many updated on our family. I love the intentionality it takes to slow down and SOAK IN some of the moments that happen each week that otherwise fly by without time to thank the Lord for them. I love the processing that it helps me do as I sift through life, the little things and big things and moments that just make me smile. I have no idea how I'm going to catch everyone up on the last two months, but I will sure try!! I thought today it would be fun to just share a few snapshots and a few favorites from the first few weeks with little Andy.

First, let me recap just a little...

June 6th came and went and on JUNE 19TH we welcomed little Andy. You can read a little more about bring him home here, but goodness, it was a hard two weeks of waiting, but we are so thankful he came and still can’t believe he was a boy!! I have been wrong both times now hahaha  

We finished our walking 100 miles before baby!! (Plus about 25 in waiting for Andy to come 😂) And have started ticking away at our 100 after baby. More blog posts on this to come for sure! 

Pierce had about two weeks off of work and then worked from home for a bit to transition, and it was the biggest blessing getting all of that time as a family! 

We have officially experienced the two extremes with our sweet birth experiences, from nearly 48 hours with Jane to under 30 minutes with Andy, but we are thankful for both and have had many nights of processing all that went into each of those sweet days. 

Most of my day is spent making sure Andy isn't TOO smothered by kisses and hugs and lots of love from Jane. He is already one tough cookie 😉 but the SWEETEST little one, and we love him so much already. 

Jane is GROWING UP and is truly my little helper in every way. She is obsessed with swimming this summer, is learning how to ride her little balance bike, could (and does) paint for hours on end, is developing the sweetest little sense of humor, uses the potty, loves hanging out with "her friends," is learning boundaries (sometimes the easy way sometimes the hard way 😉😂), plays hide and seek any chance she gets, prays for anyone she sees that is sad, and her little voice right now is one I wish I could just bottle up and keep forever. 

Goodness, it's been a good summer. One that I'm thankful for in SO many ways and one that we're still soaking up before the sweetest fall season and "the holidays" (of which I am not supposed to mention until at least October apparently...and even that is questionable around here hahaha)

Here are just a few pictures for today though, and I have about a million more to share in other posts coming soon. THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart though for all of your kind words, encouragement, comments, messages, prayers, and love that you've sent these past several weeks. They've meant so much! ❤️ It's so fun to share this space with you! So without further-ado, here is a little look at our life lately and about a million moments to frame that all just make me smile and say a prayer of thankfulness. 
I will just ALWAYS be thankful for June 19th, 2024 and for Pierce and the blessing of little Andy!! 
Putting this sweet little nugget in the carseat that night after he was born took us back immediately to... 
This sweet moment and picture of loading Jane up for that first car ride home... Cue all the tears. I love both of these snapshots SO much!!
Just could not believe we were back home with a sweet baby boy.... 
Jane meeting Andy that next morning will forever and ever and always be a favorite. 
She was genuinely SO happy and SO excited. You can see a little more from that sweet morning on my blog post here
He has been adored from the first minute she met him❤️
Her joy is contagious in this house hahaha 
My sweet parents were amazing those first few days - they watched Jane while we were at the birth center and then blessed us in so many ways that first week!
Andy, you are already so loved! And was already giving us smiles two days old...he is seriously such a sweet one!! 
A dear friend had given us a newborn pack of girl onesies and boy onesies before Jane was born since she was a surprise, and two years later, we got to use the sweet little boy set. It really is so fun having some blue in our home!! 
My sweet parents got us some balloons for the mailbox because SO many neighbors were anxiously awaiting to hear the news!! 💙💙💙
Most of those first sweet mornings looked a lot like this at our home... 
Which took me back to the same sweet first mornings with Jane...we love those cozy mornings in our living room soaking up those sweet newborn snuggles!!
Andy, we just love you so much!! 
His little tiny smile.... ❤️
Holding "Baby Andy" is definitely our new favorite activity in our house this summer... 
Pierce's sweet parents got to meet him when he was a few days old... 
And Audrey and Matt came down too... 
Jane and Andy are the luckiest to have the sweetest Aunt Audrey!!! 
We had to take a picture of the first family of four walk....even if we only made it to the end of the block 😂 Officially started making our way to 100 miles!
Jane has been LOVING the splash pad life in the backyard... 
And we've made our way to the park a time or two for Jane to get some energy out... 
Watering the flowers has been a big hit this summer... 
And more and more family walks... 
Jane's loves bringing her baby doll along...
And putting her basically anywhere Baby Andy is 😂 (Bouncer courtesy of Little Tabitha's baby doll days hahaha 💕)
We took our first little road trip to Louisville with the four of us... 
Jane got to stop by the new Bucc-ee's...
And we're pretty sure Andy might have made the record as the youngest visitor so far 😂 
This pretty girl loves her Nana and Papa's house - also, how has she gotten so big so quickly?! 
Her little face says it ALL, but she has been LOVING the water this summer. 
Jumping and swimming with Daddy was definitely a highlight and such a moment to frame!!
Andy smiling in his Papaw's arms ❤️
We love you, Little One!!
We've just been soaking in all the sweet little baby Andy snuggles... 
Watching this girl grow up in all the sweetest ways... 
Including being the sweetest big sister 🥰
And loving how this little one has won all of our hearts a million times over... 💙💙💙

I have about a million more moments to share from these last few weeks, but I'll save a few for the next blog post. I'm going to plan on blogging Tuesday and Thursday throughout the month of August with maybe an extra Wednesday and Friday post thrown in here and there as I get back into the swing of things. Thanks as always for following along with our little family - it truly is such a blessing. 

I'll plan on being back here next Tuesday!! 
Sending lots of love!!! And thanks for helping us welcome Baby Andy! 
XOXO
❤️Tab

4 comments:

  1. He’s gorgeous. Thank you for updating us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you, Laura! It's so fun to be back to blogging again. ❤️

      Delete
  2. oh my gosh!! I randomly check in to see when you're going to be back and what a sweet surprise for my Friday morning!! I'm beaming for you guys!!!! What a wonderful season and SO much sweetness!!! We are heading to the beach on Sunday morning and our sweet little guy will get to turn 6 months old on the beach next week! He's getting up in the push up position and tucking those knees under already and I know he will be on the flying across the floor before I know it!!! Soak in ALL those snuggles and ALL the overwhelming sister kisses!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alisha!!! How is he already 6 months old?!?! Oh my goodness!!! I hope the beach has been SO great!! I can't wait to hear about it. You will have to send pictures!!! AND I can't believe he is almost on the move!!! WOW!! We are trying hard to soak up sweet Baby Andy before I blink and he's no long "Baby" Andy 😂 Thanks for your sweet comment!!! We are soaking up these days over here for sure!! ❤️

      Delete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!