Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Christmas Ornaments

Good morning!! Happy Wednesday!! Today I thought another fun Christmas post would be to share a few of our favorite Christmas ornaments on here. I always LOVE looking at people's ornaments, as I just love how so many share such a special story. So today, I just chose a few to share! 
When I was little, one of my favorite things was always looking through our tree and finding all of our family ornaments that my mom had collected throughout the years. I even remember heading to the mall with her a few times to pick one out and watching her delicately personalize it herself with her amazing handwriting. 
This is one of the only pictures I had on my phone, but here is one circa 2003 that is still just so sweet to reminisce on. Especially since it was long before Etsy and the sea of online shopping that we can do these days... 
When we were first married, one of my sweet tutoring students gifted us this "Just Married" one, and it reminded me of our ornaments growing up...and thus...my yearly ornament shopping began... 😂 
That first year we were married, I grabbed these two tiny snowmen and thought they were so cute to document that sweet year of 2018...
The next year, I sent this to Pierce when I got home from school one day because this little ornament had just showed up in the mail...obviously was excited for the tradition to continue 😂 
In 2020, we picked this little sweet park bench one... 
But 2021 might just have been my favorite of all of them with Baby Riddick on the way spring of the next year! 
And that brings us to 2022 when sweet Jane joined the family ornament collection... I'm sure this collection will grow and change over the years, but it already sure is sweet to look back on! 
This sweet little ornament also hangs on our tree... It's one I found in the Target dollar section when Pierce and I were dating long distance, and I wrote those little lines on it connecting Nashville and Dallas with a small note on the back and sent it to him as a little Christmas gift... Six years later, and it's hanging on our family tree after four years of marriage and a little eight month old celebrating with us this year...how crazy to look back on!! 
In our study...we have a few ceramic ornaments... 
I've mentioned before that I love Zazzle for all things cards and Christmas and personalized goodies, but they totally got me when I found out I was able to transfer cards and invitations onto little ceramic ornaments, so here began a tiny little tradition starting with our sweet wedding invitation... 
...and it's continued with our Christmas cards every year as a sweet little reminder of snapshots of that year. We just ordered Jane's birth announcement to add, and we're exited to watch this little tree grow for sure! It sure is a special one. 
I shared several handmade ornament ideas here, and this one from when I was little is a favorite for sure on my parents' tree. 
This is another sweet favorite that we got for my sister's amazing little baking company. I loved that it was handmade and just thought it was too sweet not to share! 
And finally, when Pierce and I were in Israel, there were so many amazing nativity sets that were made out of olive wood that you could send back to the States as a keepsake. But I was on such a tight budget, and I laugh about it now, but I remember thinking that this tiny little nativity scene could maybe be just as special as a little keepsake... And here it hangs on our tree still all these years later, and it really is such a sweet memory. Maybe one day we'll go back, and I'll get to invest in a really nice set, but for now, this tiny ornament really is one of our very favorites. 

And there you have it...just a few ornaments to share from our collection! How do you do ornaments?! Do you collect them as you travel?! Buy new ones every year?! Is your tree mainly made up of kids ornaments or handmade ornaments, glass ornaments, family ornaments?! Are there any traditions I should start with Jane for ornaments?! I'd love to hear!! It's such a sweet part of Christmas for sure!! 

Hope you enjoyed this little Christmas themed post! I'll plan on being back here tomorrow!
Blessings, 
❤️Tab

2 comments:

  1. Ok I am mind blown you can turn a wedding invite into an ornament! I would have never thought of that!!! LOL!!! I really love your collection of ornaments! I think I said this on the traditions post, but as a family we go to hallmark and pick one out every year together and then my daughter picks a couple for her own tree from target every year which can be anything she chooses ;) Her preschool always makes us an ornament for the tree and then I do my own type of DIY for grandparents/us to keep if it's not an ornament. When she was about 1, we did a plate with her feet print in brown made into reindeer (both feet) and then it says "Cookies for Santa" and i have one and gifted on to my mom for Christmas. it's SO sweet to look back at those tiny toes! as we use the plate every Christmas eve!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha that is hilarious... I know, they really got me too haha! But aww I love these traditions so much!! I love that she gets to pick out some ornaments every year :) And I love the DIY ornaments and the plate sounds SO special!!! I might just have to look into making one soon for Jane!!! So sweet!! Thanks for sharing, Alisha!!! I always love hearing about your all's Christmas traditions ❤️

      Delete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!