Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Tidbits About the Riddicks - Christmas Fun

Happy Tuesday!! As we are walking into this Christmas season, I know this year specifically it's on so many hearts to slow down and celebrate the small things. Taking time to soak in time with family and savor Jesus and Him being our Savior. And today, as I share just a few of our favorite things at Christmas, I pray it provides a little joy on this rainy morning and maybe gives you a few ideas if you're looking for something fun to put on the calendar, but most of all, I pray it's just a sweet little place to come this morning for a little Christmas joy and fun. 

Also, as this is our first Christmas with Jane, I would just love to know your family Christmas traditions and what we should add to our list! 
Well...where should we start... 
First, Christmas Village. I've already shared about this a few times, but it's our favorite little Nashville tradition to kick off the Christmas season, and we really do love it so much!! It's sweet and fun and creative and so very Christmas-y! This was Jane's first year going, and she loved taking in all the lights and people! 
Next, our sweet Franklin Theater. Goodness, we love this place, and we love this movie. As you can see, this has been of our longest standing traditions and one we love so much. This little theater usually has a few showings of this sweet Christmas movie, and we love going to see it with people. 
Pierce and I both grew up watching this on Christmas Eve with our families, so this was a fun one to add to the mix when we were dating and we try to still go see it when we can! 
Not the mention, the giant Christmas tree downtown Franklin is enough to make the little trip so very worth it!
Two little babies back in 2017!
Speaking of 2017, we made the most of the Christmas season that first year I was in Nashville before we were engaged or married. We loved getting in all the fun that we could!
Pierce even joined me and my roommate for a little gift exchange by our tiny little Christmas tree 😂 
The next year was our first married Christmas, and Pierce surprised me with tickets to go see the Nutcracker Ballet! 
It was definitely a fun night for the books, and I'm sure this will be a night with Jane several years from now! 
The last little Christmas outing that we love is our favorite Christmas concerts. There are so many sweet ones here in Nashville. We just love Drew and Ellie's Neighborly Christmas, we want to make it to Andrew Peterson's Behold The Lamb one day, and we have another sweet one on the books for this weekend as well. I suppose that is just one of the pros of living in Nashville - it's hard to choose just one each year! 
We've also seen our fair share of Gingerbread house decorating... 
And Christmas cookies thanks to my sweet sister! 
She's come down so many years and helped us make and deliver some Christmas treats to our sweet neighbors! 
The season is also usually filled with lots of Christmas snacks...
And homemade milkshakes... 
Christmas mugs... 
And about a million nights in here watching Christmas movies and reading... 
This year we have little reindeer feet cozied up with us which just makes it all the more fun... 
But a forever favorite is making it up to my parents house to celebrate with my sweet family... 
My mom is still the best I know at making Christmas the sweetest! 
And it's been fun to have Pierce in the mix the past several years! 
And this year, we get to add our sweet Jane, which is the biggest blessing to date! ❤️

And that about does it for just a little peek into some of our favorite Christmas fun... This year we are mainly looking forward to our church's Christmas night and lots of drives to see Christmas lights... But now that we officially have a little one at Christmas, what activities or traditions should we add?! Does your family have sweet ones that you remember or that make the list every year?! I'd love to know!! 

Hopefully this post just filled your Tuesday with a tiny bit more joy! And I hope your December is filled with maybe more small moments than big and your joy is coming from Jesus and the blessings He gives!! 

Here's to wishing everyone a very merry December and a happy Tuesday today!! 
I'll see you back here tomorrow!
❤️Tab

2 comments:

  1. We're a big traditions family - especially during fall/Christmas! Here are some of our fav for christmas:

    - when we put up the christmas tree, we ALWAYS watch a christmas movie. My daughters current favorite is the cartoon grinch. We've already watched it many times!
    - my daughter has her own tree in her room that she picks a few ornaments out for each year, when she was younger she always liked the donuts and cupcake ornaments (LOL!) now she's more geared towards princesses, but we love to talk about which ones she picked out each year.
    - I do a DIY advent calendar for each year, filled with many of our favorite traditions: drive around looking at christmas lights in PJs (& stopping for donuts first!), making snowflakes, making a christmas chain, christmas family movie night, putting out our christmas train is always night one, etc.
    - we have an elf, but she's not a naughty elf, nor is she behavior based. she just likes to hide in fun places to be found every morning!
    - we do sugar cookies/decorating, and gingerbread houses
    - we drive around a local drive through christmas display
    - we go to our downtown union station and see the christmas trains and all the lights
    - we see santa, of course!
    - my husband and I take a weekend solo trip to chicago (just an hour plane ride away) for some US time in the midst of the crazy of holiday season!

    I'm sure there are many more that I'm missing off the top of my head, but phew, that got long really quick! Ha! I am a traditions kinda mama, doing my best to soak in every moment of these precious, magical years <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness these are AMAZING!! Thank you for sharing all of your traditions, Alisha!!! I loved this list so much!!! This season sounds like so much fun at your house! I'll definitely be coming back to this list as Jane gets older. I also LOVE the trip to Chicago! We've never been, but for some reason, it feels like it would be such a fun trip, especially at this time of year!!

      I love traditions over here too, and I love those small sweet moments as well!!! Thanks so much for sharing! This made my day!

      Delete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!