Monday, December 5, 2022

A Riddick Christmas Weekend

Happy Monday Morning!! We are looking at a forecast of several rainy days ahead here in Nashville...and even though I'm not teaching this year, seeing those little snowflakes on the forecast is still just as exciting! But as the weather outside is cold and a little dreary, we are making the most of it cozied up inside enjoying this sweet Christmas season!! 

This weekend, we really did just that... 
We watched some Christmas movies... The Holiday just seems to make the list every year... We love a Nancy Meyers film, and from The Parent Trap to The Holiday, we're all in!! We also watched A Christmas Present, which is a Candace Cameron movie this year and had a pretty sweet plot line for a "Hallmark movie." 
We put up some Christmas lights outside before the rain came in... We took a walk on Saturday and were inspired by so many of our neighbor's houses and on Sunday, Pierce made the magic come to life in our world too... Jane woke up from her nap and was loving all the lights... And the light-up Frosty next door 😂 
We loved being back at our church this weekend after a few weeks traveling... We're so looking forward to their sweet Christmas night this Friday, which is always a favorite tradition. And we have two crockpots going in our kitchen to welcome our small group over tonight with some white chicken chili on this cold and rainy Monday... 
I got this sweet Christmas book in the mail over the weekend and am just on the first day or so, but am loving it. I love GraceLaced and have always admired Ruth Chou Simons, so I'm excited to keep up with her sweet 25-day devotional! 

We also ordered our Christmas cards, and I feel like my Christmas gift inspiration fog has lifted a little...I like to put a lot of my ideas in "carts" before I order them and I have a few going, which is more than I had when I started the weekend haha
We watched some football, ate some great good, listened to Christmas music, made puppy chow, and cozied up as much as possible... 
And that pretty much sums up the Riddick weekend over here... This week we are back to work, tutoring, taking care of sweet Jane, hosting small group, and Pierce and I have a fun date night planned this weekend that we're looking forward to! What's on your calendar for the week?! We're trying to make the most of this December and soak up all the small moments and big traditions as well!!

I'll plan on seeing you back here tomorrow!! 
Hoping you have a great start to your Monday!!
Lots of love,
❤️Tab

2 comments:

  1. Your home always looks so warm and cozy! Thank you for giving us a snapshot into your sweet family’s life! I have that same Christmas Advent devotional and even did a blog post yesterday about the book and the peace it’s already brought to my heart this Christmas. Her thoughts and artwork are both so beautiful!! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Alinda! This made my day! I love that you have her devotional - I am going to go read your blog right now!! It's been so impactful in the mornings to me too! Thanks for reading and for sharing!! Merry Christmas!!

      Delete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!