Thursday, December 8, 2022

December Goals

Happy Thursday!! I thought today would be as good a day as ever to share some December goals on here! Even a few days into the month, I feel like it's still so good to reflect on all that these days hold...
It might be said that December may just be the busiest month and calendar days fill up fast, but I still wanted to make a few practical things to try to get done this month, even through all of the festivities! 

But first, let's look back on November... 
This was a fun month of goals for me! 

1. Run 20 miles.
Having this goal was so good for me... It truly kept me going on days when otherwise I would have never wanted to get outside on a colder, dreary day to exercise. I hit my 20 miles on November 30th even though I wasn't sure I was going to with all of the traveling and family and being away from home. This goal was so good and challenging for me that I decided to keep it going in December so that I wouldn't lose motivation... 

2. Read/Journal before Jane wakes up/we start our day... 
This sweet goal is simply just a good habit to have around here... And I do it most days and mornings, but also know that we're in a season of lots of grace when nights and mornings don't go exactly how I thought or had planned... But nevertheless, finding time to get in the Word each day is so important to me and to Pierce. Since we've been in December, I've loved pairing my time with Ruth Chou Simon's Emmanuel devotional too. It's beautiful and has been so encouraging on these cold and dark mornings. ❤️

3. Keep up our laundry system... 
I will just say, that this goal and system has been SO refreshing to me, especially in the busy month that November was and even as we start this December. I wrote a little bit more about it here, but essentially, it was just a mindset shift for me to start sorting our clothes before they hit the laundry room floor and simply doing one load a day. It has made laundry feel like a completable task every day, and for that, I have been so very grateful for! 

Now onto December... 
1. Run 25 miles. 
I picked 25 because of the fun number it is in the month of December. I usually get in two miles at a time, so this goal might be a little more challenging this month, especially with all of the rain, but I'm willing to try to hit it! 

2. Send Christmas cards and notes before December 18th. 
Oh goodness...this doesn't even feel like that great of a goal because I know the 18th is pretty close to Christmas, but with when I ordered our cards this year and looking at our calendar next week, I thought this would be a realistic goal to try to meet that would also allow the cards to get there before Christmas hopefully...we'll see how it goes! Hahaha

3. Finish my GraceLaced Emmanuel Devotion. 
I wanted to put this on here so that I would remember to make it a priority every morning so that I could finish before the end of the month. I've been loving it and would love to be able to read through all of it this December. 

And really, maybe the most important and special one of all is just enjoying Jane's 1st Christmas season. I know there are so many fun things to do to celebrate, and we have really just been trying to soak it all in as we know these days are flying by so fast ❤️
And that's really all I have in terms of goals... I know January always brings about a plethora of to-dos, but, for now, we will just be here working on our goals and gathering as many fun ideas on these sweet little bucket list checklists as we can... I sure hope we are able to do the last one and get some sweet snow around here!!! ❄️❄️❄️

Until then, we will just be cozying up making the most of this December and trying to work in some productivity as well!! I would just LOVE to hear your goals too as we head into the holidays! It's been so fun to keep up with so many of you and what you're working on throughout these months. 

Here's to a great December! 
I'll plan on seeing you back here tomorrow!
Blessings,
❤️Tab

2 comments:

  1. I love your goal posts! It seems to manageable to just pick 3 to focus on each month! :) I tend to pick way too many and then lose motivation! -Jenny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Jenny, thanks for your sweet comment! I'm so glad to hear that you love them!! And I totally agree!! That motivation can sometimes be so hard to come by! Hope you're having such a productive December though this year!! :)

      Delete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!