Monday, December 12, 2022

The Riddick Home for the Holidays

Happy Monday!!! We can't believe it is already Monday morning!! We had the best weekend and loved every minute of a fun Christmas weekend, with a night at church, a friend in town, and such a fun Dave Barnes Christmas concert! 

But today I thought it would be fun to open up our home and show you a little glimpse at The Riddick Home for the Holidays! I wish I could invite each of you in and have some hot tea and puppy chow by the fire, but for today, I thought these pictures would be the next best thing. So I hope you cozy up this morning with something warm and enjoy this small tour of the Riddick Home at Christmastime! 
Awww...we just love this sweet and fun month!  
So, welcome to the Riddick Home! We're so glad you're here!! 
Our study!
This room is right off of our kitchen and we love mornings in here. I tutor in here, Pierce sometimes works from home in here, and this rug is usually filled with Jane crawling around and lots of her toys...a favorite in our house for sure! 
Always a favorite spot in our home...but this year, it's made even more special with the Willowtree figurine my mom gifted us after Jane was born. Putting it next to this nativity made it all the more special in remembering Mary and Joseph with baby Jesus in this season with Jane still so little. ❤️
This little flocked tree was one of my very first purchases when we were married. I found it on sale in a corner of HomeGoods all crumpled up and thought I had won the lottery. We had been married for about three weeks and Pierce was in school every night from 5-9, so I packed it up, brought it home, strung lights on it, and still to this day, we put it up in this corner and it's always a favorite of mine. It houses some of our ceramic ornaments. which I'll share later this week!! 
A fun little room and one of Jane's favorites too!! 
Our little kitchen has this Reindeer Farm sign, and I think next year, I am going to grab a wreath with some ribbon for the window... It's been on my list for a while, and maybe next year will be the year! 
I know one day we'll look back and miss this sweet little space though....sooo many dishes, so many meals, and late nights in this little kitchen. 
Our living room though is just hard to beat in this season, especially since Pierce took down our popcorn ceilings... We are loving it all the more!! You can read about that journey a little more here.
This little Christmas truck was one of my very favorite finds last year. Pierce was in a wedding in a small town in east Tennessee, and I found this sweet truck in a little antique shop there and loved it so much. I brought it home along with its sweet pumpkin truck lookalike.  
A sweet little handmade nativity scene ornament that I used to love doing with my students. You can read more about it here
And this sweet piano. Definitely one of our favorite spots in the house too. 
Even sweet Jane loves this spot. 🥰
...see Pierce, the fire isn't *always* on 😉😂 
But it usually is....hahahaha And that's just a fun part of December... Also, I know there's still only two stockings... I've been going back and forth on grabbing another one for Jane or getting a set of three to officially start a "family set," so... Here these two hang still that I grabbed our first year we were married... 
But Jane is most definitely a part of our Christmas...especially with her little reindeer footies this year!
 
And her also loving cozying up in Mommy and Daddy's Christmas sheets in the morning playing with what looks like a gameboy, but really just her her monitor 😂 
And she had a little tree in her room this year too with a tiny little house that got added up there too. 
And honestly, that pretty much wraps up this little holiday home tour over here at The Riddicks... 
Pierce added some lights to the roof and helped me put up our wreaths... 
And we loved it late one night with the moon up above... 
But we really just love cozying up here and enjoying all of these December nights...pretty simple, but still so very sweet and filled with the best memories. 

Thanks for walking through that little home tour with us! I hope your home is also full of lights and joy and most importantly simply family being together celebrating our Savior in this sweet season. 

Here's to a cozy December home! From ours to yours. 🥰 I'll plan on seeing you back here tomorrow!!!
Blessings, 
❤️Tab

4 comments:

  1. Your home is so dreamy!! Love the warmth and glow in your decorations. But that happy little girl tops it all. Oh my goodness, she is absolutely adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Alinda, thank you for sweet comment and encouragement! I always love seeing your beautiful home too!! And thank you!! We love Christmas around here with her - it's all the more special!! ☺️

      Delete
  2. your home is beautiful! And Jane standing up next to the couch! Goodness, she is growing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Alisha!! That is so kind, and she really is growing so fast!!! We're hoping time slows down here soon haha :)

      Delete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!