Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Tidbits About the Riddicks - Our Christmas Cards

Happy Tuesday!!! I thought today would be fun to share a few pictures of our Christmas cards throughout the years... This is our fifth Christmas as The Riddicks, so I don't have too many to share, but each come with such sweet memories, and I already just love looking back on the years, that seem to be flying by faster each year!! 
So without further-ado, here is a look back at our Christmas cards throughout the years!! 

I've mentioned this before, but that first year we were married, Christmas came so quickly after our wedding, that I put a few of our wedding pictures on a card to send out with thank you notes from our wedding. I loved that little touchpoint so much that I try to make a little card every year to send out to the people we love and also write a little note to go with it. Pierce usually helps me write them a few nights as we have a Christmas movie on or something fun in the background. 

It's just fun to go through our list, pray for our friends and family, and truly remember how many people are a part of our lives that bless us so much!! I know as seasons get busier, this will become harder, but it's a sweet little thing for us, and me being a words of affirmation girl, is important enough for me to try to keep it going. And with us not being on social media, it's a fun way to see and encourage our people, especially as we get their cards in the mail too!! It's my favorite time to check the mail all year!!! 
Here's that first card from 2018. We loved that wedding on the beach, and it was fun to have a few pictures on our card! You can read more about our wedding here
In 2019, we had snapped these pictures at our favorite fall orchard, and when it came time to make our card, it just seemed like the right memory to incorporate. If we had had the money back then, I would have hired a little photographer for a mini session, but...we had a tiny budget, and these cards were perfect for what we needed. I wrote a little about our favorite pumpkin and fall memories here
Also, just for a little bonus fun...I accidentally ordered every single card that year with the wrong year on the back 🤦🏼‍♀️😂 After thinking about all of our options, my sweet coworker told me I should just hot glue a little ribbon on the bottom...
So my teaching breaks looked like turning all of my cards into having a tiny red ric-rac stripe on the back 😂 ...oh the joys of Christmas cards hahaha 
In 2020, my sweet sister agreed to snap some pictures for us at my parents' house one fall afternoon, and they became some of my favorite pictures to date. This card was so sweet and special, and I still love it so much. It's a little joy to remember that sweet married season in a year like 2020... 
Last year in 2021, my sister also was "hired" as our photographer to take this little picture with our "Baby Riddick" ultrasound. This was sweet Jane at twelve weeks, and I still remember being blown away that we could see her little hands, fingers, and feet. We didn't do if it was a boy or a girl, but we were so excited to have a little picture, and although it wasn't ever posted on social media, I loved making it our Christmas card last year. It's one of my favorite pictures and favorite memories! 
And the back of that card will always be another sweet fave. ❤️

And for this year, you see a little sneak peek, but I'll post it on Friday as I write our Merry Christmas post! I'm trying not to fret about the small things this year, like the fact that I hit the wrong size and printing option at checkout as I was ordering our cards this year ha! Or the fact that it's just another little iPhone pic and we didn't hire a sweet photographer... It's the little things that sometimes get me the most, but I'm choosing to celebrate the season and enjoy the small memories, live in the moment, and turn my thoughts of stress into thankfulness. So here's to a fun season, Christmas cards or no Christmas cards (or the wrong sized Christmas cards haha!), to celebrate family and Jesus and a continued season of thankfulness for all of His many blessings!!!

I'll be back here tomorrow! Hope it was fun getting a tiny look into our Christmases the past few years!!
Sending lots of love and going to check our mailbox 😉 
Blessings, 
❤️Tab

3 comments:

  1. Christmas card season is our fav around here! I have a cute little holder that i keep them in and save them from year to year. I love seeing our family evolve via the annual Christmas card, but also seeing friends families grow! My daughter really loves talking about our first few cards that were before her or the one that included her newborn pictures - you're making some pretty fun memories for Jane to look back on :)

    This year, I've been so blessed to receive many Christmas card photos that I took and it makes it just that much sweeter to receive. I really LOVE your cards. Even if they aren't a professional pic, hey - iPhone are basically just as good these days ;) I love that they have special meaning behind each of them, making them so much fun to look back on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I love the cute holder idea and looking back on them throughout the years!! So fun!! And I love that your daughter loves looking at them too!!! How special to think about.

      What a sweet blessing to get so many cards with pictures you've taken! I'm sure they're all amazing, and next year, I might just be making my way to Kansas City 😉 But thank you for your encouragement!! It always makes my day!! Thanks for reading!

      Delete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!