Tuesday, September 5, 2023

September Thoughts...

My goodnessssss, how are we in September?! 

Well, these days, it seems like thoughts are just coming to my mind in waves, so today, I just have a few thoughts for you on the month of September... In no particular order, here are a few for your Tuesday morning... 


1. Labor Day weekend. 

I love Labor Day weekend. To me, there is nothing like a long weekend just to be with family and be outside. Two of my very favorite things ever. By the pool, in the yard, evenings on the porch, games at night with family... Just give me all of the three day weekends and add in beautiful weather, and I couldn't be happier... 

2. Long road trips. 

Somehow I feel like our fall has always consisted of a long road trip or two. Now that we have a one year old, these trips look different, but I still love them. They're a challenge and a lot to prep for and you have to be flexible to the extreme, but they always hold memories and they always get you somewhere on the other end that just creates more memories, which I really do love. This fall, please feel free to send any and all tips you may have with your littles though. I will gladly take any for these next few weekends with Jane. 

3. Beach trips in the fall...

I grew up going to the beach in the fall with my family. So much so, that Pierce and I got married on the beach in October. I used to see so many beach weddings while we were down there and just fell in love with the weather, the warm days, the sunset, the cool crisp beach air at night... I don't know if we've missed a fall at the beach, at least for a couple of days, for the last six or seven years, and I'm excited that we get to continue that with Jane this month... 

3. Decorating for fall...

Goodness, I haven't started over here yet... Mainly because for me I think I need to get inspired by the weather to bring out all of my oranges, browns, dusty pinks and autumn colors. Maybe after we get back from the beach, I will feel like welcoming all the fall into our home. 💛 It's always a special season for sure. 

4. Routines...

Fall always brings with it new routines... Even if I want every summer routine to stay because I love it, it just inevitably changes... So we are rolling more with the punches this year and trying to plan a little more as we see changes coming too... Some of our routines throughout the days don't change, but others have to shift a bit. It's a bit of a mixture, but fun to create rhythms for the family that we pray will bless us as we enter these busy, but sweet and fun months too.  

5. Discipleship Group. 

This is a fun one that is starting this month for me. I am so excited to be welcoming several women into our home every Tuesday night this year. And from hot tea and snacks to candles and time around our table in our living room, I am praying all the details will just point more toward knowing and learning more about Jesus during this time every week. So excited for this piece in our life and rhythms this year. 

6. Organizing our home. 

Fall also just gets me ready for more organized spaces. And I've learned that small steps are definitely the way to go in getting those spaces to where they best serve our family. At the beginning of the year, after reading The Lazy Genius Way (and Decluttering at the Speed of Life), I was inspired to start going through one item a day. (I wrote a little more about that here.) This helped me and my mindset SO much and honestly SO many things left our house this spring... Recently, I've started to think how I can incorporate a small step like this back into our days to help with a few of the spaces I would love to feel a little more life-giving. I'll keep you posted on the progress for sure...

7. Family time... 

I feel like fall just breeds family time for us, and I love it. From Labor Day weekend to small and big trips, to family traditions and spontaneous weekends to everything in-between, it's a special part of the fall and going into the holidays...

8. Being outside... 

If could be outside every single day all day, I'd be the happiest girl. Summer just calls my name for this, but it's a tad harder with extremely hot days and a little one... But bring on that fall weather, and I hope to add way more time outside these next several weeks and months. From mornings on our porch to walks and time at the park to evenings in the yard and in our neighborhood...hopefully you will be finding us outside the majority of each day this coming season...

9. Long plane rides. 

We are ending the month with another group of long plane rides... Jane has gotten a lot better with these, but they are still an adventure with a little one. Just like road trips though, we always look forward to the adventure on the other side and usually find that fun memories are made just as easily along the way as well... And as always, send any and all tips that you and your family use. I always love hearing your wisdom and advice. 

10. October. 

And finally, September bridging the gap from the sweetness of summer to the very favorite picturesque October. I love the month of October....really, just everything about it. And love that (in my mind) it really does just kick off such a sweet part of the year. Pierce says I'm not allowed to mention "the holidays" quite yet, but by the time October rolls around, we (I 😂) are ready to turn on "The Thanksgiving Song" on repeat, add pumpkin to everything we eat, watch football every weekend, open the windows for the entirety of every day, and simultaneously turn on the fireplace every night... Add in the leaves changing color and celebrating our anniversary and you just have me already feeling giddy at the thought of this fun month...

But, until then, I will be celebrating the month and season we are in and soaking in all that September is bringing with it.... And those are just a few of my thoughts for September... What's on your mind at the beginning of September?! I'd love to know!! 

If you want to read other "Little Thoughts" posts recently, you can read a "Wednesday Thoughts" here and "Things I Want to Remember this Summer" here

And I'll look forward to seeing you back here tomorrow!!
Happy September!!!
Lots of love, 
Tab

2 comments:

  1. Ah fall!!! We decorated this week as this weekend we head for a week long "work" trip that I'm bringing my family along to Banff, Canada and I just KNOW I'm going to come back from the weather being in the 60's for highs and be soooo ready for fall! ha!!

    Some of our favorite fall things - you know I've got 'em ;) :Seasonal books, the fall books come out (and soon the Halloween books will too!), we go to multiple pumpkin patches (LOL) my daughter LOVES them, we always spend a saturday morning at a big one and stay for hours, but we also have a couple small ones we go to on a week night that just help us soak in the season and the cooler nights! We also have an outdoor amusement park that we always make it out to when it's decorated for fall, and in the kids area they have little "trick or treat" houses for the kiddos and everyone gets a little pumpkin and bag of candy. We obviously carve pumpkins, and when our girl was younger she would "color" one or paint one, or we would let her pick out the little pack from target/home depot of a character you can stick in the pumpkin to decorate! We loooove to go spend a saturday morning at menards, home depot, lowes, hobby lobby just checking out all the fun decor! Gah, I feel like my list is getting too long, but I could keep going HA! We also decorate big for fall, including a 12 foot skeleton and 12 foot witch and a few blow ups with lights on our house :) we do holidays big. Hope that gives you a few new ideas! XO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alisha, this is AMAZING!!

      Ok, first, I can't wait to hear about Banff, Canada!! That sounds amazing, and I'm so glad your family gets to go!!! You will definitely be itching for fall when you guys get back!!!

      And I just LOVE all of these ideas! You guys always have such sweet traditions and ideas for the holidays!!! You know I love those seasonal books!!! And the pumpkin patches and sweet family traditions. THANK YOU for all of these ideas!! There are never too many!!! I have a feeling when we get back I'm going to be ready for fall in full steam as well!!! Thanks for your sweet comment!! 😍🍂🍁🍃 Happy weekend and safe travels!!!!

      Delete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!