Happy Wednesday!!! How are we at the end of the August already?! It seems a little crazy that the summer and now this month are just coming to a close… But today I thought I would jump on board a little blog link-up of what’s been going on this month for the Riddicks… I hope you’ve been finding blessings and simple joys in your August too - here is just a little look at our month!
Well, we loved all of the garden veggies that we got to pick from my parents’ garden and have been trying to use all of these amazing peppers!!
I’ve been loving some Mango salsa recently!!
Pierce also got a new grill, and we have been putting it to GOOD use and loving it all the same. We had our small group kick-off and made chicken fajitas for everyone, and this grill was our very best friend.
What We're Reminiscing About:
Well, it wouldn’t quite be August without thinking about the start of school in my teaching days…
And the gift of working with these two! I miss our daily chats come every school year…
But getting to have them love on these littles throughout the years is the biggest treat too!!
What We're Loving:
Well, even though it’s getting to be the end of summer, we’ve still loved checking some things off of our Summer of Letter Fun recently…
From finishing Charlotte’s Web as our chapter book for the summer…
Going bowling for the first time… 🎳
And checking off the Kentucky State Fair as well!!
What We've Been Up To:
Well, Jane’s sweet preschool days have been a fun part of our August.
As well as Mommy and Andy time in the morning and lots of morning walks as well!!
What We're Dreading:
Well, see this little yard here? It has had a little skunk visitor once or twice in the past few weeks, and we are very much hoping that it has finally found its home back in the woods hahaha Jane woke up in the middle of the night a few nights ago with a nightmare about a skunk…poor thing. We could very much understand though, and although I’m not sure it has taken the place of “deer” in her mind, she now does not prefer either hahaha
What We're Working On:
This fall, I’m trying to focus a little more on “Simplicity.” In our home, in our schedules, with our toys, and clothes, and “things…” I’m taking it slow and giving lots of grace, but praying it’s a blessing for our family this fall. Who’s up for the same challenge and shall we keep each other going this fall?! ☺️
What We're Excited About:
September just says excitement with football, travel, time with family, Survivor, and the start of all things “holidays,” which will be used later in the season per Pierce’s request hahaha
What We've Been Watching/Reading:
I’ve been making my way through a few summer beach reads, and we are trying to find our next chapter book at night with the kids if you have any great suggestions for us!!
What We've Been Listening To:
I’m trying hard to soak up the sound of Jane and Andy playing together in the backyard…it’s a very favorite of mine for sure.
What We've Been Wearing:
Pretty much braids on repeat this summer! Both on Jane and done by Jane hahaha
What We're Doing This Weekend:
We are soaking in a weekend at home with a few birthday parties, our small group, and some downtime before some September travel!!
What We're Looking Forward To Next Month:
Well, the four of us are headed back to Jackson, Wyoming in September, and we’re looking forward to the beautiful weather and scenery that’s for sure!!
We’re also headed back to this beautiful place and looking forward to both!!
What We're Thankful For:
We’ve gotten to spend a whole lot of family time this summer, and for that, I am always grateful!!!
And there you have it…just a few snapshots from our August!!! We are ready for you September and all of the fun that you hold!! Thanks Shay and Sheaffer for the fun blog link-up today!! Happy Wednesday!
Sending lots of love!!
XO
Tab












No comments:
Post a Comment
I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!