Friday, August 21, 2026

Friday Favorites - Jane and Andy, Morning Walks, and Mango Salsa

Happy, Happy Friday!! Well, it was a big week over here in the Riddick household with Jane's first day of school and a big week of transitions, but we loved it all the same and are so looking forward to the weekend too! Today I just have a few snapshots and favorites from the week - I hope you are finding simple joys in your days as well!! Here are a few of ours :) 



Well, I'm not sure I could have a more favorite picture than this one right here. Andy ADORES his big sister, and has MISSED her this week while she's been gone... 
I happened to have my phone out to capture this sweet moment and GOODNESS, I think it will just be a forever favorite. 


Another favorite was a new to us morning walk with just Mommy and Andy. :)
I packed the stroller and some snacks and my audio book, and we set off. I am always trying to get more miles in, and I'm ready for that fall weather, but making the most of it in this summer heat as well and this morning was sure a favorite! 


Mango salsa has been another favorite over here this week... I happened to see amazingly ripe mangos at the store the other day, so snagged one, along with a red onion, red pepper, a lime and cilantro. I diced them all up adding a little bit of each in with the mango, and goodness, it was the perfect summer snack!!! 🥭 


Well, we checked off another Summer of Letter Fun last weekend and made fort for the weekend. 
I can't say it was quite as cozy as our ice storm one... 
But these kiddos loved it just the same and Jane remembered that we had watched "Parent Trap" last summer and of course wanted to continue the "tradition" hahaha We picked a few scenes, and loved our out-of-the-ordinary Friday night. 


And lastly we are headed up to Louisville today to visit the KY State Fair this weekend with Nana and Papa 🎡 Jane's been counting down and Andy's crossing his fingers that he's tall enough to ride at least one ride!! Hahaha 

And that about does it for just a few Friday favorites over here this week... We loved all of the fun school things that made up this week and are looking forward to the weekend and school year ahead as well!! Thanks as always for following along and thanks Erika and Andrea for the fun blog link-up as well! 

Here's to hoping everyone has a wonderful weekend! I'll plan to see you back here next week! 

Sending lots of love!
XO
Tab

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!