Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Prayer Journal Night 🌷

Happy Tuesday!! Today I thought I'd share some pictures and memories from our Prayer Journal Night a few weeks ago... 
This has been a night that I have wanted to host for a while, and I'm so glad that it finally got put on our calendar. When I started to explain to Jane what exactly the night held and and what we would be working on, she was ALL about it. She immediately wanted to make one herself, begged to stay that night, and pretty much invited more people than I did I think to the special night. 
Hosting with this girl was by far one of the best and most special parts 💕
We had a basket out with a few empty little binders for people to make their own if they wanted to that night... I had my Bible, my prayer journal, and a very sweet and special book that Pierce gifted me last Christmas that I read a few snippets from to open up the night.
We loved welcoming friends in that night.
We had a few little snacks out to enjoy... 
And then lots of supplies for everyone to work on their journals that night... 
I showed a little of mine (that is still a work in progress), but it's based off of the ACTS model - Adoration, Confession, Thanksgiving, and Supplication. Behind each, I have some verses that I've written for each. Behind Thanksgiving, I try to write three things I'm thankful for each day (it adds up to over 1,000 for the year.) And behind the Supplication tab... 
I have Monday-Friday, "Today," and then I added "To-Do" just so my mind has a place to store some of the things that I want to write down for the day/week... I've played around with Monday-Friday, but I try to do my family on Monday, Pierce's on Tuesday, Friends on Wednesday, Church Community on Thursday, and Neighbors/Friends we pray come to know Jesus on Friday. (I am a picture girl through and through, so try to put pictures on the pages when I can. It just seems to make it a little more fun and personalized.) 
You can find this beautiful journal (with lots more colors added since I ordered mine) here on Etsy. And I just made my own simple tabs using these and these mini ones as well. I also love this paper to add behind the tabs. 
When Jane was getting so excited to make one, I ordered her this journal off of Amazon and was honestly so surprised of the quality! It's been perfect for her. 
We went through pictures and printed off some of all of our family members and a few friends as well to add. 
And she has had a BLAST adding washi tape and making each page "her own." 
I also started her a little thankfulness tab as well, that she has loved adding to in the mornings. For hers, I used these tabs and the same paper
For the ones that night, I ordered these cute little simple white binders and printed off a simple "prayer" for the front cover. You should be able to find and download the green cover here and the tan cover here if you needed or wanted one. I just printed it out on regular cardstock and cut it down to size. (I did the same for my prayer journal, I just hole punched it with this mini a5 hole puncher to stick it inside my journal. Another sweet friend also brought an extra one of these, and I thought they were so cute too!! 
As far as supplies, Jane and I took a trip to Hobby Lobby to grab a few things before the night, but we also ordered this multi-colored and this green washi tape sets off of Amazon, and these are my favorite pens to use on my journal. 
Andy was of course wanting to start one, so we started him a simple one with just some pictures of our family... 
And Jane's precious friend Maya came with her mommy, so we of course made her one. 
And the girls had a blast decorating their journals that night. 
It was just the sweetest night, and one that I will always be so grateful for! 
And so grateful for hosting along side of this girl! So very proud of her. 

And that is just a few snapshots and info about our Prayer Journal Night. If you have other questions or thoughts, PLEASE don't hesitate to ask and always feel free to email me too as well. It's such a favorite topic, and I'm always happy to talk more about it. 

If you want to read more about prayer in general, one of our very favorite books is "A Praying Life" by Paul E. Miller. It was one of the biggest encouragement to me when I first read it, and I find myself going back to it often. And "Pour Out Your Heart Prayer Journal" by Lois Krogh is  a beautiful book that is already set up like a prayer journal and ready to be filled in, with excerpts, encouragement, and verses that Lois includes, and is always a great resource. 

Thanks for following along as always and here's to prayer being a cornerstone of our days! We are off today to celebrate sweet Jane's FIRST day of school, and I am off to try to enjoy every second of this sweet day!! Also, wishing BOTH of our dads a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! You can read a little bit more here on how August 18th is a celebration of our dads! 

I'll plan on seeing you back here tomorrow!
Sendings lots of love!
XO
Tab

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!