Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Family Beach Trip 2022

Happy Tuesday!!! Today I thought it would be fun to kick-off with a few pictures from our beach trip at the end of October. My family grew up regularly taking a beach trip in the fall, and we all came to love it so much. It's where my love for the beach really started and although now we've gone in so many different months, fall is still a special time...  
And for our little Jane, it seemed perfect too!! 
The weather was not too hot or chilly, the sun was bright, but the clouds were perfect for her little blue eyes, and it was amazing to watch the sunset every night and we still had time cozied up inside when it was dark... 

As like most beach trips, we spent most days on the beach all day - walking, playing, soaking it all in with Jane, walking back to the house for her naps, soaking up the sun the meantime, etc, so my pictures from the trip are far and few between, but I thought I'd share just a few of our favorites. ☺️
Sweet Jane wins the award for the best travel buddy on the way down there... We spent the night in Birmingham with some of our favorite friends - my roommate from college has two little boys a bit older than Jane so she loved every minute of being there with them, and we did too!! Then we made the rest of the drive on Sunday. We were the last of the caravan to arrive, but after a few pit stops and some sweet naps with toys in her laps... 
We came around the bend and saw this 😍
My parents were there when we got there and Jane was EXCITED to say the least 😂😂😂 Soo cute. 
We made it!! The house was amazing, the porch was incredible and you could not beat that sunset every night!!!
Aunt Audrey had bought her a little beach chair for the week, and she was LOVING her new gift... 
We had to get out to the beach even though the sun was setting... the start to a great week for sure!!! 
This is how/where Pierce and I spent most of our mornings...in cozy clothes, on our porch, looking at the ocean, tea and coffee in hand and starting off with reading and journaling. 
Jane could not believe where she was waking up either 😂😂😂

She had multiple perfect beach set-ups thanks to all the gifts of my sweet fam... She loved them all!!!
But she also just loved the wind, sand, and sticking her little toes in the ocean...
Was loving exploring with Aunt Audrey!! Hahaha
We loved this little girl and all of her squeals and smiles that week!! 
I mean...just so cute. 
She loved being on her dad's shoulders all week!!
Man oh man...take me back to that beautiful sunset!!! 
Jane slept her way through that first sunset after her full day on the beach, but we were loving our week!! 
Jane was up and at'em the next morning begging for Granddaddy to take her down to the beach hahaha
Basically, a day in the life right here. 
Dad living his best life... 
And Jane was too haha 
I got in a little beach run one afternoon, which I loved... 
Pierce and I soaked up as many sunsets as we could... 
And we got in a few family walks too...with Jane's fascination with Aunt Audrey and her hat hahaha 
Dad just still living his best life. 
Loved being able to be back at the beach with this girl for a little while :) 
This cutie was wide-eyed at every sunset haha 
We just love her. 
And I love her too!!! My beautiful Mama that definitely taught me to love the beach as much as she does ❤️
My sweet family watched Jane the night of the 27th so that Pierce and I could snag a dinner out on our anniversary... We went a new seafood place in town on the water, and it was amazing!!
Love him and loved being back on the beach to celebrate four years later ❤️
Here's to many more October 27ths, Pierce!!
We soaked up the last few days with slow mornings... 
Lots of walks by the water... 
A sweet little trip "in-town..."
And time just soaking in this little girl's joy and excitement for the beach! 
Pierce and Audrey went paddleboarding that last afternoon, and I loved sitting with sweet Jane girl watching them from the shore... 
I think I will just always remember that sweet afternoon and hope she continues to love the beach as much as we do!!
Welcoming them back to shore :)
And soaking up the last few moments of one of our favorites weeks!!
We loved calling this place and this little town home for the week... 
Packed up not wanting to say goodbye 😉
We loved our time there!!!
And are thankful for time with my family too!! ...don't mind Jane's extreme fascination with my hair these days 😉😂
Back on the road to make the trek home... 
It was filled with many pitstops, a few tears, lots of toys, and this little hippie girl sleeping a good portion of the time from being so worn out haha 

It was the sweetest trip... We loved that Jane loved the beach so much and can't wait till next time!! 

Thanks for following along in this journey!! 
See you back here tomorrow!!!
❤️Tab

5 comments:

  1. These memories are the best! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture of jane in her little beach chair in the water is a for sure favorite! How sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness yes!! That's definitely a favorite from the whole trip!! 🥰

      Delete
  3. Aww yes!! Him and his sweet wife live in California!! I'll have to do a post on our families soon for sure!! ☺️

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!