Friday, November 18, 2022

Tidbits About the Riddicks - Our Thanksgiving Favorites

Happy Friday!!! I can't believe next week, we are kicking off all of our Thanksgiving festivities... We love Thanksgiving week. Growing up, it was ALWAYS my favorite... I still dream about waking up on Thanksgiving morning... Out of school, Macy's Day Parade on, family together, the kitchen smelling amazing... We had fruit salad for breakfast and football on in the afternoon... It was just the perfect day in my mind. And it still is... Since Pierce and I have gotten married, it's turned into more of a "Thanksgiving week," but we still love it all the more! And we can't wait for Jane to experience this sweet week! 

As I started typing out Friday Favorites this week, I realized that basically, it was our Thanksgiving Favorites, so I decided to make it more of a Tidbits post and combine the two! So here are just a few little tidbits and favorites about our Thanksgiving!!
This will be our fifth Thanksgiving together, and we've loved all of them. 
Our very first one, we spent the actual Thanksgiving Day at Pierce's family Ranch in Texas. Their whole extended family usually tries to get together, so we were newlyweds and made the trek to the Ranch and then to Louisville for the weekend to have Thanksgiving with my family too. 
Pierce's brother and sister-in-law were newly married too, so it was sweet to be with them for our first holiday!! 
And this Ranch really has become a sweet place for new traditions for me and a continuation of old ones for Pierce... 
One year Pierce's dad even made t-shirts with the "Jack Ranch" logo on it...
We put them on to Facetime his family one year when we spent the day in Louisville...
We love when we get to spend the day in Kentucky too...it's just as sweet, especially reliving memories with my sweet sister! 
And remember when I mentioned "Audrey Lynn's Bakery..."
Like I said, she's the best, even with her Thanksgiving cookies!!
And my mom is the best when it comes to this turkey...and pretty much ALL other Thanksgiving food too... 
Hence her recipe book that we made for her as I sat and watched her create each and every dish...it was one of the sweetest things that Thanksgiving...I'm so glad I have some of these written down because it truly is the best meal... 
And truly the best spread...she has taught me so much about table spreads, let me tell you! 
And it wouldn't be the same ending without my dad's pumpkin pie either...which definitely made it into that recipe book!! 
And so did these memories throughout the years! 
But talk about memories and favorites...this little 3rd grade placemat gets brought out every year, and in my mind, it is just Thanksgiving. Pure and simple. I loved third grade. My sweet teacher is who inspired me to become a teacher is still such a sweet part of our life. I remember like it was yesterday picking these pictures very carefully so that I could remember all of my favorite moments, people, and parts of my days back then that were important to me...and looking back, that's exactly what they are. Simple joys of Tabitha in 3rd grade and things that I am still thankful for all these years later... I suppose this probably would have been my blog post back in that November 2001... 😂☺️
So glad that this guy is a part now too though! And we can't wait for our little Jane to experience the sweetest of this holiday with both of our families this year too!! 
We love ending the weekend with a campfire, to sit and chat and be together and remember, reflect and connect. Bring on all things Thanksgiving, family and fun!!
And we will most definitely have this song on repeat...let's be real, this song is basically on repeat most of my November...and Pierce said nothing is more true bahahaha 

What are your Thanksgiving traditions?! I'd love to hear!!! We are wishing your family a very restful and blessed Thanksgiving!!! I'm going to take next week off to spend time with our families and sweet Jane and Pierce while he has off work, but I'll plan on being back Monday, the 28th! Thanks for following along in this journey of ours...it is a blessing to me, and I am very thankful for YOU!!! 

Happy Thanksgiving!!!
❤️Tabitha, Pierce and Jane 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!