Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Favorite Gifts For Teachers/Friends/Neighbors

Happy Wednesday, my friends! I am all turned around this week... First of all, how is Thanksgiving next week?! Second of all, I asked Pierce at dinner on Monday if it had been a busy week for him at work... He laughed and said, "Well, it's Monday." And yesterday, I proceeded to bring all the trash down in our house because I thought it was "Trash Day," which is Wednesday at our house... So...basically, I have no idea what day it is around here, much less what season 😂

I've been reflecting on these little gifts we've given the past few years in hopes they would inspire me because my Christmas shopping is pretty much at zero right now... Maybe by the time December rolls around, my inspiration will be a little higher to find some fun things, but for now, I hope this week these little posts are giving you some creative ideas for gifting!
Today, I thought it'd be fun to collect a random assortment of things I've given/received as a teacher, friend, neighbor, small group member, etc. I must warn you that some of these are rather small, but sometimes those gifts can be just as fun to give and receive! 
Hope you enjoy this little collection, and thank you for all of your suggestions too!!! They're SO helpful!!! 
The first one, and I've mentioned this before, but this little Teacher Sweatshirt. Everyone knows at this point how much I have loved this and love giving this one. It's just a perfect "thank you" in my mind to all the teachers I know. Would be perfect with a cozy little mug and gift card or just wrapped up by itself too!! 
Speaking of sweatshirts... I grabbed this off of Etsy a few years ago for my sister, mom, and best friend because we always had a tradition of snuggling up and watching Hallmark Christmas movies over Christmas breaks... Sadly, her little shop is currently closed, but you can find sweatshirts like this anywhere on Etsy. They make for such fun little gifts that are so fun to wear at Christmas!!
And apparently my whole family has a thing for sweatshirts because this was my mom's sweet gift one year to her Parent Trap loving girl hahaha still love to wear this little hoodie repping one of my favorite camps thanks to Hallie and Annie!! 
Speaking of fun things to wear at Christmas, several years ago, one of my sweet students walked in the day after Thanksgiving Break with these tiny Christmas earrings as a gift. I thought it was such a sweet and thoughtful gift and it made my morning to kick off the Christmas season! So, every year after that, I have purchased a fun little set of Christmas earrings and just LOVE to give them to family and friends, neighbors, teachers, etc. Pretty much, anyone we see or hang out with around Christmas, I give a little set of earrings to. They're just fun and who doesn't love a pair of Christmas earrings?! 
If you're looking for more of a substantial gift, I have put them in either tiny Starbucks cups (like the kids mini cups - I always just ask for four or five when I go) and add a gift card and a few Hershey kisses or hugs (Hershey hugs are my guilty pleasure at Christmas time....hahaha) OR a bigger Starbucks cup with a few packs of hot chocolate or something fun like that... 
I've even ordered fun little mugs for a few of my tutoring students with their names on them and added some hot chocolate and earrings... Just anything little to make the season a bit more fun! 
Or even my favorite glass water bottle or cups in pretty wine bottle bags that I've found at HomeGoods... 
These Bible Verse signs have made for really sweet gifts if I know that a friend/co-worker/neighbor has been going through a big season, I like to try to find something meaningful that could sit on their desk and be a sweet reminder for them. I just add a little note to the back and wrap it with a little ribbon and maybe even add some earrings 😉 
Zazzle.com is also my best friend at Christmastime. I usually order everything from Zazzle, including our Christmas cards, but I love their personalized goodies and they're almost always on sale too. I've done ornaments with pictures and Christmas cards and playing cards several times! *Please note that that palm tree picture is signed by my sweet mom because it's her PAINTING...pretty incredible!!* They just make for really sweet and fun gifts though that are personalized, but also simple. 
This one is very small, but we were in desperate need of a letter opener, so I found a handmade one on Etsy and I'm pretty sure it might have ended up in a gift for Pierce, but it's still in our kitchen and it gets used almost daily. It would be sweet to add to a little collection of Stationary and a cute set of pens or something like that. :)
Another very small one, but we got my parents this Iron Skillet Holder Cover because they basically use their iron skillets all day, every day. We got a W engraved on it, and it's been a fun little simple and practical gift as well if you have an iron skillet lover in your home or family. Or even adding it WITH an iron skillet would be a bigger/nicer gift. 
And lastly, I have to put in a sweet company that I've followed along with since high school, GraceLaced. If you don't follow her, you really should. She's amazing and her watercolors are just incredible. I've gifted SO many things of hers and I ALWAYS love them. From her books to calendars to prints... She just does such a great job, and I love giving Scripture or anything with encouragement when I can! 
And wow...there you go... A *very* random assortment of goodies and gifts that hopefully add some ideas to your plate without any ounce of being overwhelmed. My prayer in these posts is simply that they'll give you some creative energy as you brainstorm how you can love the people in your life in your gift-giving. My bigger prayer, for me and for you, is that gifts are just a tiny part of the holidays and really, we spend the majority of the time just loving our families and friends and spending time with them, soaking in all the moments that we can, and enjoying a sweet season of slowing down a little and having a little more joy while we celebrate Jesus. 

And really, there you have it...I would LOVE any ideas on small and fun gifts you've given!! What a fun season we are in! Hope you guys are cozying up in this cold weather and enjoy this Wednesday...it is Wednesday, right?! Hahahaha

See you back here tomorrow!!
Blessings, 
❤️🎄✨ Tab

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting about Gracelaced. I’m buying something for my mom right now!💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww!! This makes me so happy!! I'm SO glad!! We love Ruth and supporting her!! I hope your mom loves it!!! 🥰

      Delete
  2. LOVE these ideas! They are so personal and heartwarming. I have to laugh at not only your Parent Trap sweatshirt but also your Hallmark movie sweatshirt- I have a very similar one, of course!! Those snowmen mugs with the initial are SO dang cute too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha that's amazing...why is no one surprised by this?! 😂 And thanks, Jennifer!!! I need to hear some of your gift ideas too! I'm sure they would help with the inspiration ❤️ Thanks for reading :)

      Delete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!