Thursday, November 17, 2022

Favorite Gifts for Family and Close Friends

Happy Thursday!!! This is the last of my little Favorite Christmas Gift mini-series - thanks for all of your fun ideas to share!! I hope it's been sweet gathering some small ideas for your Christmas this year!
Today I just have a few simple things that are a little bigger/could be more meaningful if you're looking for someone in your family or a close friend! 
This first one is a sweet one that went to my sweet sister. Audrey had started a little "cookie business" that year, which she created AMAZING designs...they were all pretty incredible. And she had little stickers with "Audrey Lynn's Bakery" that she would put on the cookies when she wrapped them, so we found an amazing little Etsy shop that helped create a fun sign! 
She did such a great job, and we were so excited when it showed up. Since then, I've been brainstorming how many more things I could put on signs so we could order some more for her hahaha A family last name would be super cute too I think!!
This sweet little shop also made an amazing little handcrafted ornament to go with the theme that year 😂 We loved this little ornament, and she has so many more events and people too!! 
This one just turned out too cute not to share!! 
This is one that the siblings/couples worked together to make for Pierce's dad this year for his 60th birthday, but would make for a fun Christmas gift if you were looking to celebrate a big anniversary or birthday in your family! 
There's so many different designs, but she really did do such a great job with this one!! 
Now, I know a lot of people collect WillowTree ornaments or figures, but I love them for big milestones, moments and memories. My sweet mom got us this one just a few days after Jane was born, and I cried when I oped it and still smile every time I see it. It's just such a sweet one for us... I think they are such special gifts to give. Even to send to close family or friends if they go through a loss or are celebrating something big - they really are just so special to mark big occasions. 
I also love watercolor homes and special places. A sweet girl in town did this one for us back in 2018, but there are so many who do these on Etsy, and I think they are such a special way to document a place for someone, a couple or a family. 
That little one is framed and still in our room today. Would be such a special gift for a family that's moving or even that has a special place that means something to them... 
And this little Etsy shop does wood-engraving on state ornaments, which can be a special gift or memory for friends that move states or have somewhere that's special to them... 
As for homemade, one Christmas when Pierce and I were dating, I was more ambitious and went to Home Depot, bought a small piece of wood, stained it, and then sat on my porch for two hours in the freezing cold nailing nails on my hand written Bible verse I had penciled on there and then threading twine around the nails to fill in the letters... I remember our neighbor coming out to see what I was "building" 😂 But it's still a sweet piece that lives in our room today... My little sister has made me something similar for Christmas one year too and it's still one of my very favorites. 
And lastly, I posted about these photo cubes in the summer when I made them for Pierce for Father's Day, but I remember thinking they would make really sweet Christmas gifts too. You can read all about them here if you're interested. 

And that about sums up just a few bigger/more meaningful pieces that I can remember throughout our past several Christmases... I hope this little mini-series has been a fun treat leading up to Christmas shopping this next month... I tried to post these earlier because I know a lot of Etsy shops can get behind or take longer to ship if you do end up going that route... And I know handmade items take a little longer to think about and make too... But thanks for all of your post suggestions and YOUR ideas too! 

Here's to the holidays and loving our family and friends through simple and fun gifts! I'll see you back here tomorrow!! 
Blessings, 
❤️🎄✨Tab

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!