Thursday, November 3, 2022

Tidbits About the Riddicks - Our Wedding

Aww happy Thursday!! One week ago, Pierce and I were waking up at the beach on October 27th celebrating our fourth anniversary... Today, I thought it'd be the perfect time to share some sweet pics of that day four years ago for this little mini-series this week!! 
For some reason, this little picture of us walking into our outdoor reception is one of my favorites from the whole day... And obviously, I love so many and could probably post 9 million, but I tried to pick a few faves and stories to go along with them to give you a little insight into our favorite day. Hope you enjoy!!!
This October 27th, 2018... It feels like somewhat of a dream, but I had always watched weddings on the beach for as long as I could remember as we took so many beach vacations in the fall... When Pierce proposed, my mom knew that we should try to make my dream a reality and find a way for us to get married on the beach... 
We ended up finding the perfect house in Destin that we could have the ceremony on the beach and the reception in the backyard of the house and the pieces started falling into place... Pierce and I took a day trip down there that summer and snapped this picture on timer in the backyard...it's a still a sweet favorite to this day... We loved that little place so much!!!!
Getting married in a different state had its perks and challenges, but one was grabbing our marriage license before the wedding within the right time frame... But we were able to get it right before the rehearsal and it made it feel all the more real! 
Our rehearsal was my very favorite - an evening on the beach with ALL of our favorite people in one place. For a middle child, that just feels like a dream. Hahaha 
Getting ready the day of was filled with all the fun and special moments and ALL the details that came together...thanks to my amazing parents, family friends, our best friends who stood by us, cheered us on and prayed for us, and the sweetest photographer...everyone really did make the day so special. 
We didn't do a first look, but we did pray together before the ceremony, and this became one of my very favorite pictures and moments from the whole day... 
So did this sweet picture of Pierce and his brother when we were walking down the aisle... 
I've written about this before, but we asked my sweet dad to officiate the ceremony, and we asked Pierce's dad if he would stand up there and start it while my dad walked me down the aisle...such a special part of the day for sure!! 
A perfect day and the sweetest ceremony... 
So many faces that we love so dearly!!! 
We loved this day, the ceremony, the sunset on the beach....becoming Mr. and Mrs. Riddick...all of it!!! 
And our reception was just as sweet!!! 
We truly had the time of our lives!! My dad had everyone laughing with a hilarious dance before our Father Daughter Dance, Pierce's one big request was to have a live band and they were amazing, my sweet sister caught the bouquet, Pierce got to play the drums for a few songs, and we truly just danced the night away and had the time of our lives... 
We loved that October 27th and all the memories it holds and all the life that we've walked through since...

Here's to four years, Pierce, and all the many more to come!! 

And that's a little look into our October 27th... Thanks for following along in this sweet journey! It's such a blessing to get to share it with you!!

I'll see you back here tomorrow as we wrap up this little mini-series!!!
Blessings, 
❤️Tabitha and Pierce

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful wedding!! And, happy 4th anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angie!!! Thanks for reading and following along 🥰

      Delete
  2. I would expect nothing less than stunning wedding photos from ya'll! Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha that means so much coming from you too, Alisha!! Thank you!! It was a special day for sure ☺️

      Delete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!