Friday, November 11, 2022

Friday Favorites [11.11.22]

We made it to Friday!! We are so looking forward to the weekend!! We have dinner planned with one of our favorite families in town, we are headed to one of my favorite places, and our home gets turned around for one of my favorite seasons... 🎄 I think Jane can sense the joy in the air around here hahaha 


I think this is the weekend every year that lines get a little blurred because we LOVE Thanksgiving and are counting down to all the fall and fun and food and family, but our house gets all the cozy Christmas feels and we are just in full on "holiday mode." 

So basically...my Friday Favorites are kind of our weekend plans...which just so happen to be all of my favorites right now ☺️


My first favorite...Christmas Village...where all good things collide. I've been going to Christmas Village since I was in college...they had one in Birmingham called Christmas Village Festival and my sweet friends and I just LOVED going every year... We grabbed my mom a homemade birdhouse one year, my dad a homemade bread knife, and so many more things that we all loved so much... 
Then when I moved to Nashville and realized Christmas Village was set up every year here, I was so thrilled! It's basically Etsy come to life meets a Hallmark movie, and if they have one or something like it near you, I can't recommend it enough!!! (Or plan on making a trip to Nashville this time next year - you won't regret it!!) I drug Pierce with me that first year, and we've been going ever since... I dare even say he might even *look forward* to it now too 😉 
It's just merry and happy and so very fun to grab ideas and support local creatives selling what they've made or created or are passionate about... There are SO many booths and so many gifts... It also ALWAYS inspires us to come home....


And try my *very* hardest to turn our home into a mini Christmas Village... 
Our decor has changed a lot over the past four or five years and changes a tiny bit every year, but we love it every single year, and can't even wait to be cozied up by that fire!!! 


We also love putting these Christmas sheets on...When we were first married, I saved up to splurge on a pair of Pottery Barn Christmas sheets, and they make their way to our favorites every year... Now to go buy Jane some Christmas sheets too..... 🤔😉🥰


We also turn on our very favorites when it comes to Christmas music...From Michael Bublé to Nat King Cole, Brenda Lee, Andy Williams, Dave Barnes, Ellie Holcomb...they all get put on repeat on one big playlist and played over and over again until Pierce goes crazy and I could listen all day every day... 


Then, really we just make our favorite Christmas snacks, peppermint milkshakes, puppy chow, and warm drinks....and pretty much put them on repeat with....
...reading and Christmas movies until December 25th... It's the best. And we love all the in-between too!! 

So, those are my favorites that are up and coming... Hope you guys have the most delightful weekend too, wherever it takes you and your and family!! I'm sure it will be filled with many small joys as well!!

I'm off to go enjoy!!! I'll see you back here on Monday!!
Happy *start* to the Christmas season in the Riddicks' world!!
Blessings, 
❤️Tab

8 comments:

  1. I am SO excited about the holiday blog content! Also, is that christmas playlist on spotify? We're always looking for new christmas tunes to play over here! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Eurica 🥰 And yes!!! It's called "Christmas Tab" ...very original right 😂 And we are too!! It seems to make everything a little more fun!! 🎄✨

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hahahaha oh you KNOW that's still our Christmas fad over here 😉😂

      Delete
  3. I have a Christmas Playlist on spotify if you're looking to change it up a bit - it's more country. Thomas Rhett, Taylor Swift (very old), Brett Eldridge, Dan & Shay, etc!

    Search "abultem" is my username and the playlist is Christmas with a tree and sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alisha, I am looking this up now!! Thank you!!! We definitely need some fun new songs to add to Christmas!!! Thanks for sharing ☺️😍 I can't wait to listen!!

      Delete
  4. Your house is a dream- especially at this time of year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Jennifer!! Wish I could have you over for some tea and Parent Trap!!!! SO hoping you guys get into your home soon too!!! 🎄🏡

      Delete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!