Friday, May 19, 2023

Friday Favorites - Brown Bear Brown Bear, Sourdough, and House Projects

It's FRIDAY!! Pierce leaves this morning on a work trip, so Jane and I are cozying up this weekend and working on a little house project that I'm hoping to finish before he gets home. Today I just have a few Friday Favorites from this past week or so that we've been loving around here!!! I hope everyone has the best weekend!! And happy end of school to so many sweet teacher friends this next week!!! I can't believe another school year is in the books!! 🍎 Happy Friday and almost summer!!! 




This girl and this book. This would be Jane's number one favorite this week times 100. It cracks me up, and it's such a classic but someone gave it to her for her birthday and I'm not kidding when I say I think we probably read it at least 80 times a day. She'll find it out of all her other books, point and say, "Bbb, bbb, bbb" and bring it to us no matter what we are doing. 
It's sweet, and I'm trying soaking it up. I'm also secretly loving the fact that she loves books and hope to always treasure these little moments reading, even if it's the midst of so many other things. She was holding this book (no surprise there) the day I snapped this pic and I thought it was so perfect haha



Sourdough... We have never embarked on the journey that I feel like is "Sourdough," but we've always talked about it and this year I decided to snag these two things for part of Pierce's birthday. I have heard so many great things about Laura Tuttle's cookbook and her starter, so we are giving it a try. I'll keep you posted, but if you have any sourdough tips or tricks, we're all ears too!!! 


Oh, Thursday nights. We snuck in a little date night during our busy birthday week, and it was a favorite for sure. Ignore the messy hair and tired eyes, but these two parents loved some Mexican food and a little time to catch up on all things life! 



Birthday week was definitely a favorite around here this month of May!! I wrote a little bit more about it here, but it was a sweet week to celebrate for sure!! 


Pierce's brother and sister-in-law and their little girl Lucy came in town last weekend, and we all LOVED having them here so much!! Jane just about burst from excitement from having a little friend around all weekend and gave more hugs than we could count. Can't wait to watch this sweet little friendship grow - we hope they'll always be close!! 


And last but not least, I am working on a little home project this weekend that Pierce helped me set up before he left. Jane went with us to Lowe's to pick up the wood and it was cracking me up when we let her walk around for a bit. Always a helper that's for sure!! 

And that about does it for just a few of our Friday Favorites these days!! We will be counting down till Pierce comes back home and so looking forward to our Memorial Day weekend next weekend too!! I hope everyone has such a sweet weekend!! Thanks for following along and thanks Erika and Andrea for a fun blog link-up!!

I'll plan to be back here on Tuesday!!
Lots of love, 
Tab

2 comments:

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!