Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Let's Look - Our Morning Routine

Happy Wednesday!! Thanks for all of your all's birthday wishes for Pierce yesterday!! It's a fun week over here for sure! I thought today I would join in on this blog link-up about Morning Routines. 


We love a good morning routine over here... I will say that in the almost five years Pierce and I have been married, there have been numerous different morning routines. And in the last year with Jane, we have been trialing and erroring what works these days and what doesn't. So today I thought I would document our longest standing morning routine that we had for a little over three years and then our average morning and what it looks like these days too!! 

Here we go...

For three years, we pretty much had our morning routine down to an almost science. Pierce switched jobs a time or two within those three years, which changed things a little, but I was teaching at the same school, we had the same workout community, and most of our priorities stayed the same... 
So for most of those mornings, our alarm would go off on Monday, Wednesday, Friday around 4:50, and we would wake up and hustle to our 5:30 workout class that we just loved!!! 
These friends truly became so special to us over the past many years - they saw us when we engaged, married, through day-to-day life in many seasons, and even threw us a surprise baby shower before we had Jane. It made it easy to get up in the morning!! We've gone a handful of times since we've had Jane, but I will say it is a whole lot harder to make it there in person these days!! 
For many months, our routine after that was to head across the street to Starbucks, grab a coffee and a London Fog and read our Bibles together before we parted ways for work and school. There was also a season that we would head to the Y instead of Starbucks and change, get ready, eat a snack, and read before school and work. 
But most mornings, I would head to school and get ready quickly for my 7:30 start to the school day. On Tuesday and Thursday, that routine looked like reading at home with tea and coffee before headed out for the day as well!! 
These days, I would say it has fluctuated so much in these early parenting days. Pierce and I try to make it a habit to get up before Jane. It is so helpful in starting our day. 
But even if she's up early or we wake up a little later, we do make it a priority to read our Bibles every morning. At this point, Jane will just read with us or play with a few toys while we finish up, and it's honestly made the routine even a little sweeter. 
We love to have breakfast together when we can. There is something about sitting around the table, even if just for a few minutes before we start our day that can be so sweet. (This picture was taken at my parents house where breakfast truly does feel like a retreat!) 
Usually we are just around this little white table though in our little kitchen that we've come to love so much. 
Now there's just a little highchair pulled up to it, which has made it even sweeter!
And lastly, we just really love working out in the mornings still. We like to do CG virtually now in our garage and try to do it at least two mornings a week. I also love going to the early morning Pilates classes when I can, and I love that I'm home in time to read, have breakfast, and send Pierce off to work. Pierce loves to swim occasionally at the Y too. It's just part of our routine that we've tried to pivot where we've needed on details but keep the habit because it's such a blessing to our day!! There is truly nothing better to me than starting the day like that!!
Goodness, life sure changes, and I think one of the most impactful things that we have done is recognize that there is a change of season and try to figure out what works best for our family in that season. We try to always keep our priorities in order and make our morning routines helpful to get our day off to the right start!!

Now, I would love to hear any tips and tricks to your morning routine, especially in different seasons for your family! I can't wait to hear!! Thanks Shay and Erika for the fun blog link-up!

Also, I mentioned on Friday that Myquillyn Smith's Cozy Minimalist Community is opening up this week, and I wanted to share the link today incase you are interested in joining. It's the sweetest if you love home as much as I do!! 

I hope everyone has the very best Wednesday!!! 
I'll plan to be back here tomorrow morning! 
Lots of love, 
Tab

6 comments:

  1. Love this so much! So peaceful and relaxing to even just read! Also, what high chair do you have for Jane? I love the look of it! Of course we have the same kitchen table as you 😂😂😂 -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness! We LOVE it!!! It's the Stokke Clikk high chair, and it has been the best! I have some of our favorite baby items in a post maybe to come soon!! SO EXCITED for you guys!!! And of course we do!! 😍😂😂😂

      Delete
  2. I love the Bible reading together and adding in the sweet little one. What a great way for her to develop and love for and habit of reading her Bible daily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you, Megan!! We are hoping it does just that. ☺️ Thanks for your sweet comment and encouragement!!!

      Delete
  3. I found that with kids our schedule changed constantly; and honestly it still does with teenagers too. I also think I come up with a "new" routine each season and that fluctuates depending on who has to be out of the house when. It sounds like a pretty peaceful morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww absolutely. That's such an encouragement and so helpful to read. "New" routines are sometimes daunting, but it's encouraging to hear that it's just a part of adapting to new seasons, especially with kids! Thanks for reading, Joanne!

      Delete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!