Friday, May 12, 2023

30.

A new decade. 


There are so many thoughts and emotions at the sound of that... In some ways, turning 30 feels so right for where I am and how old I feel, but on the other hand, I CANNOT BELIEVE it hahahaha

I thought today would be fun to go back through this past decade just with some of the TOP highlights. I mean, my entire blog could probably be highlights from the past 10 years, but I thought I'd just share a few that came to my mind first as I was thinking back... 

So, without further-ado, here is a look back on Tabitha's Twenties... Wow... Now I'm really feeling my age hahaha 

Samford...
Samford was a huge part of my life at the beginning of this decade. It was the sweetest place and shaped me and grew me in more ways than I knew at the time. I am so thankful for this school and for my time there!! 

The Forge... 
Pierce and I both did a nine month discipleship program called the Forge. It was through Pine Cove Christian Camps, and we both learned and grew so much. At the end of the year, we took a trip to Israel and loved experiencing the Bible in such a tangible way. (This is where the inspiration for Jane's sweet middle name came from too. You can read a little bit more about that here.)

Dating Pierce...
Goodness, this was a HUGE part of my twenties. Pierce asked me on a date a few weeks after we had finished the Forge, and really, the rest is just a gift from the Lord. We dated about two years, including a little over a year of long distance, but we still look back on those years with the fondest memories. I wrote a little about our dating years here

My first year of teaching (in a new city and state)
After the Forge and right as Pierce and I started dating, I was offered a teaching job in Dallas and couldn't have been more thrilled. I lived in Plano and taught 5th grade math and truly loved every minute of it. If Pierce had been in Dallas at the time, I'm sure I would have stayed at that little school forever. It was the sweetest first year, and I remember driving to work one morning thinking that I might look back on that season and think, "Those were the days..." I definitely do think that, along with pretty much every season since. There's just something special about soaking up where the Lord has you for the time He has you there. 

Moving to Nashville
Speaking about where the Lord has you... I decided that next summer to move to Nashville to be closer to Pierce. It was a big decision and lots of prayer went into it, but the Lord provided a roommate, a place to live, and a job all so quickly, and it was truly such a blessing to be in the same city as Pierce! 

A harder school year... I learned SO much throughout that year. 
My first teaching year in Nashville was a more challenging year, but it wouldn't be my last decade with it. The Lord used that harder season to teach me SO many things, make his Scripture come to life a little more, and showed me that I loved having Pierce by my side on hard days (and good days!) I'm thankful for that season, even though it was a harder one. 

Engagement! 
May 26th, 2018. What a day to remember!!! We loved this day. You can read a little bit more about it here. :)

MARRIED. October 27th, 2018. 
October 27th, 2018 in Destin, Florida will always be one of my very favorite memories. Ever. ☺️ You can read a little bit more about it here

Our home. 
Turning this little house into our home has been one of the biggest joys for me over these past five years. You can see all of our Riddick Home posts here. I know that if we move one day I will shed more tears leaving this place than is probably healthy hahaha It has held all of our family memories since we've been married, and I just couldn't be more thankful. 

The sweetest three years of teaching. 
Goodness, when I look back on these three years with these two best friends, my heart just swells. I loved going to school each and every day, and I LOVED sharing life with these two. They taught me, challenged me, encouraged me, loved on me (and Pierce! And now Jane!) and just helped shape me as a teacher, wife, and now a mom. I am more thankful than I can say for these amazing years, these best friends, and the sweetest school! (If you want to see a school year in the life, you can see that here.)

First years of marriage. The best. 
I love this man. And I have loved these first almost five years of marriage together. Making up almost half of the last decade, I can't even put into words what a true gift it has been!!! (I wrote about a few favorites from the first four years here.)

And... Sweet little JANE. What a way to finish out the decade! 
April 5th, 2022 will always be one of the most special days. This little girl changed our life in all of the best ways. We love her more than we can say, and I love getting to be her mom!!! It truly feels like I am living out a dream and a prayer of mine since I was little! 
Year thirty, we are ready for you!! We are looking forward to seeing all that the Lord has in store this next decade!! Thanking the Lord today for his MANY, MANY blessings over these last thirty years. 

And just for a little fun on this May 12th...here's a little flashback to a few oldies from the decades before!! 
🥰🥰🥰

Happy May 12th!!!! Here's to the start of a new decade and for celebrating the Lord's many gifts since 1993!!

Lots of love!!!
Tabitha ❤️

9 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! What amazing pictures and a walk down memory lane! I think the only thing missing is starting this blog! You have been such a voice for light on here and have written some amazing things! You are loved Tab, and God has only good things ahead for you!! Also... those pics of you and Lukas at the end are amazing! You look JUST like Jane!!!! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Pierce, thank you!!! Thanks for always being my number one fan! Love you!!! SO fun celebrating our birthdays last week ☺️

      Delete
  2. Well what a sweet decade! I’m sure God will continue to bless you in your 30s in more ways than you can imagine. Happy birthday! (And wow, that baby pic of you looks like your little Jane! 🥰)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you, Alinda!! Your sweet encouragement always means so much!! And it was so fun looking back through those pictures! I definitely saw the resemblance in a few 🥰

      Delete
  3. Happy, happy birthday!!! I hope it was absolutely amazing! What an amazing decade you've had. Praying for an EVEN better upcoming decade for you! -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Jennifer!!! Can't wait to see what the Lord has in store!! Thanks for your sweet comment and encouragement 🤗

      Delete
  4. I'm late - but Happy Birthday!!! I hope you had the best day/weekend celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh - and I meant to say.. Jane looks SO much like you in that 4th pic with you in the pink floral!

      Delete
    2. Aww thank you, Alisha!!! It was such a sweet weekend! And yes!! We saw some resemblance when we were looking through them which was so fun!!

      Delete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!