Wednesday, May 24, 2023

What's Up Wednesday [May 2023]

Happy Wednesday!!! I am jumping in to the May edition of What's Up Wednesday a week early because next week, I'm taking a week off in the blog world to soak up Memorial Day weekend and the beginning of summer over here! 

Today I just have a little collection of things we've been up to recently. May is always a sweet month, and this year was no exception. Our calendar wasn't filled with end of school events for the first time in a long time, but it seemed to be just as full and was definitely just as sweet! Here's a little look back at our May!! 


What We've Been Eating:
This was both mine and Pierce's birthday meal, and is now a favorite go-to meal around here too. I have a feeling we'll be eating a lot of Greek/Mediterranean style food this summer. So fresh and so yummy!!

What We're Reminiscing About:
We can't believe this sweet May 26th, 2018 was five years ago!!!
It's always a special and fun day to look back on!!! 

What We're Loving:
We love date nights. Any and all and in all sizes - just so fun to spend some time together! 

What We've Been Up To:
This month was full of celebrating big birthdays
And loving family in town and lots of sweet time with friends as well!! 😍

What We're Dreading:

I always say I think the Riddicks thrive most in January and summer, so we are not dreading much over here!!! Bring on the sweet, sweet summer!! 

What We're Working On:
House. Projects. And we have a few more on our list for June!! We love working on these little spaces together. We just also love when they're finished too! 😉😂

What We're Excited About:
We love summer days up at my parents' house and are excited for many to come! (Also, this pink flamingo float is definitely a summer favorite around here!!!)

What We've Been Watching/Reading:
Jane is a reader and could read books all day. Specifically Brown Bear, Brown Bear. I'm positive I would win any game show question about that book - I can tell you the order of what they see backward and forward and sing them to you memorized in song form hahaha 

As for us, Pierce just finished The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom, and I am still on my chick lit phase for the summer. (Very different pages there...literally haha!) I also love picking an audio book to listen to in the summer while I go on my runs that is more of a memoir/biography/author written and read type of book. The Stories We Tell might be next on the list, but if you have any recommendations, I'd love them too!!

What We've Been Listening To:

Our plethora of summer playlists have already been on repeat, and it just makes everything a little more fun! 

What We've Been Wearing:
Need I say more hahaha 

What We're Doing This Weekend:
We are headed up to Louisville for Memorial Day weekend and can't wait to spend some time soaking up the sun and spending some days with family!

What We're Looking Forward To Next Month:

Goodness, we love summer. I love everything about it. So we can't wait for summer days and summer nights and all the fun that comes along with them. I wrote about a few of our summer favorites here. We also have some things on our to-do list in June, so hopefully it's a productive month in-between all of the sunshine and fun! 

What We're Thankful For:
I'm thankful for these two and all the celebrations this month - from Jane's dedication to both of our birthdays and a special Mother's Day - it was such a fun, full and sweet month!! 

There's just a little look back on our May!! I hope yours has been just as great and that the last few days are filled with family and lots of sunshine!! Thanks Shay and Sheaffer for the fun blog link-up!

I'll plan to see you back here tomorrow!!
Blessings, 
Tab

6 comments:

  1. Your parents have a dream house and pool! Also, I laughed at your commentary about Brown Bear Brown Bear. That birthday meal still looks to die for too! Love this post! -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my they really do - we love being up there!!! And hahaha you'll have to get it one day for your little one!!!! 😍 And YES! I need to post it soon!! I'm bad about the recipe posts hahaha thanks for the reminder!!

      Delete
  2. Aw, so fun! Our engagement anniversary is 5/25! just of 2015 lol!! I can't wait to see your finished wall! I am hoping for us to knock out a few home projects this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What no way!!! Awww happy EIGHT years yesterday!!! That is so fun!!! And yes can't wait to share!! Good luck on all of your all's home projects too this weekend!!

      Delete
  3. That steak looks so good! Good luck with the home projects & enjoy the pool! Happy Wednesday & have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you!! I'll have to share the recipe on here soon!!! Thanks for reading and your kind comment!! ☺️

      Delete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!