Thursday, August 18, 2022

Happy Birthday to Our Dads!

Well, August 18th...such a fun day for us because it is BOTH of our dad's birthdays...so crazy, right?! So today we are celebrating all things Jim and Pretlow. They have taught us both more than we could ever put into words, and we love that we get a day to celebrate them!!

We are in Jackson today celebrating Pierce's dad, Pretlow, and we are flying home tomorrow to celebrate my dad, Jim, at a Buccaneers football game on Saturday. Such a special week!! 

But today I thought it would be sweet just to share a few of our favorite pictures throughout the years. There are obviously a million, but here are just a few for your August 18th! 
Something fun about both of our dads is that they both had a part in officiating our wedding. We had asked my dad to officiate the ceremony, which was so special for us...
And while he was walking me down the aisle, we asked if Pretlow could start the ceremony and stand at the front with Pierce... It is such a special memory for us, and we were just so thankful for both of them on that sweet day!!! 
But when I was thinking through pictures with my dad, this is the first one that immediately came to mind. Christmas 2010, we took a trip to Tampa and finally got to go to a Buccaneers game. My dad is a huge Tampa Bay fan, so it was so fun that we all got to go that season. I still wear that sweet Bucs jacket almost every game these days. And this picture is the one that pops up when Dad calls - a favorite for sure! 
Another favorite is this picture of us walking on the beach one morning...I gave a talk at camp one time and used this picture talking about walking in the path God has for you...this sweet picture will always be a special one! 
And maybe the most special of all...my dad got to baptize me one summer at camp and it was truly the best day and the most special memory. What a sweet picture to still have and treasure! ❤️
And a bonus - I also found this oldie and had to include it...will this be Jane in a few years?! Hahaha
As for Pierce's dad, this one is the first one that came to mind and such a fun one. When Pierce and I went to Israel in 2016, Pierce's parents went with our group, and I did many hikes alongside Pretlow that trip. (Long before Pierce and I were married, much less dating! ...I think his dad might have had a little hunch! Hahaha)
We took one a few years ago to recreate that first one in Israel too. ☺️
This one is a sweet classic...on their family ranch in Texas. It's definitely a favorite to be out there together and Pretlow made the family matching shirts one year for Thanksgiving - so fun!! 
I also at one point snapped this pretty hilarious picture of the three of them after Pierce's graduation. They were sitting on that bench, and we noticed they were randomly all been matching hahaha
But really, some of our most favorite memories recently has been watching both of our dads become grandads...
Jane is so lucky and so blessed by them both!! 

And so are we!!! 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Jim and Pretlow! Pierce and I couldn't be more thankful for you both!!! 

I am going to take an extra long weekend as we celebrate their birthdays, travel home and spend time with family, so I will plan to be back here on Tuesday!! Thanks for following along in this journey and hope you have a wonderful rest of your week and weekend!!!

See you Tuesday!!
❤️Tab

2 comments:

  1. How ironic they have the same birthday! These are some fun memories! Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! It's such a crazy coincidence!! And thank you!! We are so thankful to be home!! ☺️

      Delete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!