Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Tidbits About the Riddicks - Our Home with Touches of Fall

Good morning!!! Happy Tuesday!! I hope you all are having a great start to your week!! We are still soaking in the weekend we had with sweet friends and family in town and looking forward to more family and our sweet week at the beach coming up soon...
But with the cooler weather moving in and the leaves quickly changing and dropping, I thought today would be a fun time to welcome y'all in again to our home in the fall... 
Now, honestly, I don't really go all out with fall decor. I love a home that is filled to the brim with leaves, oranges and yellows, and pumpkins and cinnamon, but every time I've tried it, I've ended up taking down a lot of it because I just can't seem to make it all work here yet...

Now when Christmas comes around, I have my fair share of decorations in the attic, but with fall, I seem to just add a few touches here or there that work for us and make it still feel cozy and quaint, while enjoying the season. 

So, without further-ado, here are just a few of our "Touches of Fall" that make up our home in this season. I wish I could make you a pumpkin rooibos tea latte and chat by the fire or cozy up with a good book or blanket, but I hope that you're cozied up somewhere in your home and this just makes you all the more warm and cozy... Welcome to our home in the fall!! 
Our front porch got a fun upgrade this year with some yellow mums! 
And sweet little Jane got added to the mix of our scarecrow family 😂😍
I mean...just so cute. Hahahaha
This is our Study...and I added this little tripod of pumpkins this year along with our fall candle on the bookshelf that always gets turned around to "Hello Fall." ☺️
A few little pumpkins on the mantle and an autumn color throw on the chair... 
Speaking of Autumn blankets...y'all already know how much I love this new find from this year 🍂
And our breakfast nook with just a few simple pumpkins...One from my mom's garden that she brought me 🥰
Lots of little afternoon lattes help make it feel like fall around here too... 
And just a touch or two in our guest bathroom when friends and family are in town...
This little guy sits on our entry way table and is just my favorite find from last year at a little cute boutique in small town Tennessee...Pierce was in a wedding, and I shopped around that morning and got a little pumpkin truck and a little Christmas one that you'll see soon 😉 
And this right here...is my very first Fall decoration I ever bought...when I was living in Texas in a tiny apartment, I saw this little guy at an antique shop for I think 99¢ and knew I had to get it... It's small, but at this point holds such a sweet memory haha 
This year, even Jane girl got a few decorations to make the season fun in her nursery...my find from HomeGood this year... 
And I always had these leaves up in my classroom and this year, I tried them around her mirror and she loves to look up and play with them while we change her...a fun little taste of school mixed with my new season ❤️🍂🥰
I gave a little living room tour yesterday, but I got that little pumpkin pillow the year we got married when our budget was just so tight... I remember using a precious gift card on it and loving it so much... It still makes its appearance every fall now ☺️ And of course, what would fall at home be without the fire on *almost* always... (Hopefully Pierce isn't reading this one hahaha)
And even our back patio feels like fall when you step out... 

It's hard to miss it these days now that the leaves are falling so quickly...but that my friends, is really just a few touches of fall that we add to our home these days... What do you do?! Anything fun and special?! I'm sure as years go on, my fall decorations will grow, but for now, that's what we add that make it feel a little more cozy... It's really about the memories more than anything, mixed with the weather and the fall air and the fun we try to soak up this time of year... 

Thanks for stopping by and following along!! And send me pictures of your home too in the fall! I'm always looking for new ideas and fun new things to add!! 

I'll see you back here tomorrow!!
Happy Fall!!! 🍂
❤️Tab

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!