Thursday, July 13, 2023

Frame This Moment - One Small Moment with a Big Impact.

Happy Thursday and Frame this Moment day! Today's Frame this Moment is truly the definition of this series in my mind. It's a throwback to four years ago almost to the day...and if I had been writing blog posts at the time, it might have been mine for the week, but I would have had no idea the impact of this one particular moment until much later... 
This is a quick snapshot of Elizabeth sitting at our kitchen table while applying for a ministry job that she had found in Texas that literally sounded like it had been made for her. She's been a best friend since day one of our freshman year, and she was visiting for the week from Louisville. She had told me about this ministry that she had found and a position that was open, but she wasn't sure if she should apply knowing that it was in Texas and that it seemed far fetched that she would get it and that it would really be as perfect as a fit as it seemed. 

Well, I was working on school stuff for an afternoon, and I remember telling her that she had to apply before she left my house...I might have even said before she left my kitchen table ๐Ÿ˜‚ I just had a good feeling that it really might be perfect, and I knew she would never know unless she at least applied. (Also, please note the "study" behind her...I just posted our latest update to that room, which you can see here - I told you it always had me stumped! Especially back in summer 2019!)

Well, fast forward four years later, and this one small moment in time truly has made the world of difference to Elizabeth, her sweet ministry, and children, women and families all over the world. 
She, by the Lord's grace, was offered a job at Children's Relief International as their Global Nutritional Developer. It fit her background and passions so perfectly that it truly did seem like it was actually made for her. CRI has partners all over the world and Elizabeth gets to visit these partners and help build and create nutrition programs that truly change and save the lives of babies, children, families and women (especially those seeking to care for their babies) by providing resources, knowledge and care. 
I have now watched her travel to so many countries and touch the lives of so many that I could cry just thinking about the impact she is having. The Lord is using her and her team in big ways, and I just can't help but go back to that moment on July 12th, 2019 sitting in our kitchen as she took a huge leap of faith and applied for something that seemed so out of reach at the time. And as we speak she is preparing for her next two international trips in the next two months. She's amazing. The Lord is amazing. And He works in the neatest of ways. 

Hopefully this small Frame this Moment might inspire you to apply for something you've been thinking about or maybe even just take one small "next" step of faith. You never know where the Lord might lead in doing so! And if you're loving Elizabeth's ministry as much as I have, you can get more information and follow and/or support her in her journey here

She always jokes be careful what you tell Tabitha you're thinking about, she might not let you leave her kitchen table until you do it hahaha 

Hope you loved this little flashback Frame this Moment! And hope you're finding them in your own weeks and even looking back throughout the years as well!! Thanks for always sharing them - it makes Thursdays so fun!! 

Here's to celebrating the big things, enjoying the little things, and soaking in all the moments in-between!

I'll plan to see you back here tomorrow!
Blessings, 
Tabitha

4 comments:

  1. Biiiiig Elizabeth fan!!!!๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been more thankful for you not letting me leave your kitchen table ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ Thanks for being the best encourager, supporter, and all-around best friend!! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I love it!! It was the best day and has been the most fun journey!! So fun to be a small part! ๐Ÿค—❤️

      Delete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!