Friday, July 14, 2023

Friday Favorites - Running, Grocery Shopping and Baking

Hey there! Happy FRIDAY!! We are packing up today to head on a trip to celebrate our niece's first birthday! Today I just have a few of our favorites that come mainly from everyday life around here this week... Simple and sweet, but so fun and good all at the same time. Hope you enjoy and hope everyone has such a blessed weekend as well!!



This little fam has been hitting the trails for some evening runs the past week or two, and we've been loving it. 
At the end of last month, Pierce jumped on my last three miles of my running goal with me after doing a few short runs in the morning with me, and we both started realizing that we loved it. It was a fun time for us to catch up on the day and also spend some time together being outside and getting in some much needed exercise for the both of us. 
So we've been taking this little girl with us and meeting at our favorite park after Pierce gets off work. Jane loves moving fast in her stroller, but I think her favorite part is getting to play in the back of Daddy's truck afterward while we stretch hahaha
A few days ago as I was getting ready, she brought me one of my workout tops begging me to put it on her...and then smiled for a picture...either she loves our runs or our dress-up days are about to be in full-swing over here 😉 I'm sure a little bit of both! But these family runs have definitely been a favorite of ours!! 


Second, this little girl and our grocery shopping and errands. A favorite for sure. She still is waving at everyone she passes, and the teacher in me has started associating every grocery store with a color - who knew there were so many...Kroger, blue, Publix, green, Hobby Lobby, orange...the list keeps going haha! 
Daddy has taught this one to love herbs, and she was loving the basil plant we were getting!
She's also in a small phase of trying everything on as hat, and this particular one was making other people laugh, hence it was definitely repeated throughout the store hahaha 
I love her little self though, and I hope I'll always look back on these days and her small little kisses walking to the car as some of the sweetest!!! 


Speaking of sweet, I've also been loving having a little helper in the kitchen. Even with way more flour, ingredients, egg shells and messes, it is always so worth it to have her little hands close and helping! 
She also had her first "taste" of a mostly clean batter spoon, and even after I cleaned it, she hung on to this thing all afternoon hahaha 
These almond flour chocolate muffins are a new fave around here, especially for our chocolate-lover, Pierce!! I definitely recommend if you're looking for a yummy grain-free treat!! 


These two will just always be a fave. 


And this weekend, we are headed to DC to celebrate Jane's sweet cousin Lucy! She is turning one, and we can't wait to be there to love on her!
I can't believe this was one year ago!! 

But I am off to finish the last of my list and packing, and I'll be taking Tuesday off too as we get back from our trip, but I'll plan to see you back here on Wednesday!! Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!! Thanks Erika and Andrea for the fun blog link-up!!

See you Wednesday!! 
XO,
❤️Tabitha

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!