Wednesday, July 19, 2023

July Goals

Happy Wednesday!! As per typical fashion over here, it's the middle of July and I'm sharing my goals for the month! Hopefully this will inspire you if you are in the throws of working on your goals or maybe even just get you thinking for goals you may want to make for August!! 
July is such a fun month and in our world, it's filled with three family birthdays, lots of summertime plans and maybe even a bit more simple on the goals side of things... 

Before July though, here's a little recap of June... 
1. Walk 30 miles. (And 30 "workouts" too!)

This was a fun one for the month! Jane and I got in our 30 miles pretty quickly, even amidst so many unexpected rainy days. We love taking a morning walk and add in a few walks at the park with friends and the mileage adds up pretty quickly! 

With the 30 workouts, that was a bit more challenging... Pierce and I made it a goal to get in 8 Camp Gladiator workouts (our old workout routine that we still love so very much, but we just do them virtual nowadays!), then I added 5 Pilates workouts, and for some reason, I felt the need to even that number out to 30 by adding 17 miles of running. 

Well, I hit my 5 Pilates, our 8 workouts were not all hour-long workouts, but we still made it happen eight times, even if it looked different at times and shorter, modified with Jane joining us, etc... 

And because the last few days of June were filled with rain, smoke, and excessive heat warnings, Pierce helped me finish out my 17 miles at the beginning of July up in Louisville. It was a fun beginning though of remembering how much we have always liked running together and motivation to make one of our goals for the year happen - run a family 5k! We'll keep you posted!! ☺️

2. No grains or sugars. 

The second of my goals is one that we just love. We do this every January, and it's such a good reset for us. June was no different. We splurged on our date night out in Nashville, added chocolate chips to our acai bowls (always an exception for us 😂), and had Sushi on a date night once or twice, but overall, this was just a great goal for this month. We were home most of the month and it helped keep us in, cooking more, and fueling our bodies with food that gives us the most energy! We'll be back for you soon for sure!! 

3. Summer Goals: Have cut watermelon around. (And wear more fun earrings.)

And these summer goals are still in full swing. I have loved giving my little earring collection a little more love, and sweet Audrey has even added to the collection this past month, which has been so fun! And I would say we've had watermelon, but have recently added fresh cherries more to our fresh fruit selection. We'll have a bowl as we sit out on the porch or take a little snack cup with us on an evening walk - they are hard to beat right now for sure!! I just love summer fruit!!! These are definitely continuing throughout this next month!! 

Also for this month...
We have...

1. Run 31 miles. 

This was one I was a tad nervous about, but Pierce seemed to think it was the perfect goal for this month and it's been such a fun one already. From afternoons in the park after he gets off work to early mornings before Jane's awake, we've been trying to get our miles in to hit this goal. It's definitely the most miles I've run in a month in quite some time, even though to some I'm sure it feels small. Hopefully this month's goal will make our 5k a little bit easier when the time comes, and until then, I'm just loving a little time outdoors, getting some exercise with my two favorites! 

2. Post a recipe a week in the month of July.

Oh goodness. It's the third week of July and no recipes have yet to be posted....this is just not my strength in the blogging world, but it's probably the message I get more than most. So this month, I made it a goal to post a recipe a week. I have some summer ones in store, so as I'm giving myself grace for these crazy few weeks, I have a few on the docket coming up! If there's a meal you've been wanting the recipe for, feel free to message, and I'll absolutely add it to our list we have and hopefully I can get into a better routine for making these happen!! 

3. Summer Goals: Fresh fruit, fun earrings, and lots of family time. 

And we are still loving our summer fruit, fun earrings and adding family time to the list because from this little family of three to both sides of our family, we've been loving the time together and looking forward to all the more that's coming too! 

Pierce always gives me a hard time with ones like these because they are in no way "measurable," but to me, sometimes these are the sweetest and ones I enjoy the most. Goals that simply just serve as reminders to soak in the little things and enjoy where life has us right now. It's good for little list/achieving nature in me to sometimes just slow down and know that even the simple days this summer are so important and fulfilling. 

And there you have it...for the past two Julys, one of my goals has always been to blog every weekday. Both summers that goal stretched me, while also being the most fun for me, and last July, I think it truly turned into a habit and routine that I really did start loving. It became a part of my daily and weekly routine, and I'm so thankful to all who have followed along this past year or two in our little journey! This space is so fun for me, so thanks for being here and for all of your wisdom, insight, encouragement, prayers and love for our family! It always means so much!!

I'd also love to hear your July goals!! It's one of my favorite things to hear what everyone is up to and what's on your calendar, to-do list, prayer list, or big and small goals you may have the month!! Thanks for sharing!!!

I'll plan to see you back here tomorrow!! 
Lots of blessings!
❤️Tab

2 comments:

  1. Your family is so adorable. Running any amount is an accomplishment in my book! My goals have been to have roughly 30 mins of exercise each day after work. I need to do better, I'm about 50% on that. Always room for improvement :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you!! ☺️ And wow I love that goal!! Somehow exercising after work always feels like a great way to end the day and process the day a little too! Thanks for sharing!!! Here's to making July a month of goals and exercising a little more!! :)

      Delete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!