Friday, January 26, 2024

Friday Favorites - 20 Weeks!! Play-doh Stamps and Snow Crafts

HAPPY FRIDAY!!! Well, we are 20 weeks along over here...technically 21, and I can't even believe we are over half way!!! I also can't believe we are closing in on the end of January either...time needs to slow down a bit these days... But today I just have a few Friday Favorites for you including a little update on Baby Riddick #2!! Hope you have had the sweetest week and are finding small and simple joys in your days as well!! 



20 Weeks!! I can't believe we've hit the half-way mark over here... We are counting down till June and simultaneously trying to fit in as much as possible between then and now. 😂 This little one is growing fast though that's for sure!!
We took Jane to our ultrasound this week and the sweetest ultrasound tech whom we love so much printed her off a picture just for her to put in her little purse that she had with her. She has been carrying this picture around everywhere showing the "baby" all the things around our home 😂 It's been so sweet and melting my heart all at the same time. 
We are so thankful for this little baby and for the Lord's blessing in adding to our family. 

We are waiting to make the gender a surprise, which is what we did for Jane, but I will say it feels so much harder this time around!! Every time we ask Jane though if she thinks it's a girl or a boy, she has 100% of the time said, "Girrrrrrrl." So, we will see if her little thought is right come June, but I have a feeling she is going to be so excited for a little sister or a little brother!! 


Speaking of Jane though, she is growing fast as well... And watching her grow up is definitely a favorite... 
Watching her with her Daddy is another favorite of mine. I finished tutoring the other day and came into the kitchen to see them sitting like this eating a snack on the kitchen floor...what a sweet little season this is, and I am trying hard to soak it all up!!


Speaking of tutoring...I had a virtual session the other afternoon and usually if Jane wakes up from her nap, she'll sit with me for a little while and have a snack, draw on her drawing tablet or read a book for a little while until Pierce gets home, but on this particular day, she made her way to our laundry room, grabbed a dust rag and started dusting the blinds while I was teaching 😂😂😂 I had to laugh...I'm not sure what got into her that afternoon, but I'll take it!! I've also learned keeping the dusting rags at her level is apparently not too bad of an idea hahaha 


Another favorite around here has been this kinetic sand that she got for Christmas from her grandparents. She LOVED the beach last fall, and this has been a fun way to bring some fun into our living room without the crazy mess that sand normally brings with it. 
I got out my little playdoh letter stamps that I used teaching, and we've been having fun exploring different letters and fun ways to use them in the sand!! 


And lastly, these little snow crafts have definitely been a favorite this week. I really do LOVE having little pieces of artwork around, and even if it's just a handprint or two right now, it makes me smile every time I walk past. 

And those are just a few little simple joys from the Riddick Fam this past week!!! Hope your week has been just as sweet and full of many blessings as well!! Jane and I are off for some cleaning and errands this morning! I hope everyone has such a restful and fun weekend!! And thanks Erika and Andrea for the fun blog link-up!

I'll plan to see you back here on Tuesday!!  
Lots of blessings!! 
XO
Tab

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your little baby bump. Jane is going to be such an amazing big sister!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww of course! And she is definitely so excited ☺️ We're excited for the new season for sure!! 🥰

      Delete
  2. Look at that sweet bump!! HALF WAY! What a big milestone! We just had a 37 week growth sonogram this week and found out this boy needs to make his appearance ASAP. So I'll be doing all the walking and moving around I can this weekend! He's measuring off the charts for head and belly... ooooof! My body is getting nervous lol!!! He's already measuring 8lb5oz (which *could* be off up to a pound..) but still! He will be making his appearance on 2/7 at the latest!! Getting SO real! But hoping he comes naturally on his own and we don't make it to that induction date!! He doesn't need 2 more weeks to grow anymore lol!!!

    I definitely agree on not finding out the gender the second time being harder! Hence why we gave in and found out at 20 weeks - which, mostly was just for Emilia because she was having such a hard time not knowing if it was a brother or sister. Not that she's still completely pleased that it's a brother ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH my goodness, Alisha!!! That is so soon!!! I am praying for you guys and so excited for your sweet little boy to be here!!! And I'm sure Emilia is just counting down the days/minutes!!! ☺️🥰💙 Praying everything goes smoothly and can't wait to hear more!!!! 🤗🤗🤗

      Delete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!