Friday, January 12, 2024

Little Thoughts For Your Friday

Happy FRIDAY!! Today instead of Friday Favorites I thought I would just share some random thoughts, ideas, updates...basically, a little this and a little that and a whole lot of just little things to note from our new year. Hope everyone has the best Friday morning and such a great weekend as well!! Here's just a few random little notes for your Friday!! 


1. A New Home Screen. 
I love the new year for so many reasons, and I thought a new and updated home-screen was a fun way to start as well. Pierce opened up my phone the other day and said, "Wow so calming..." which I considered a success in my book. 😂 It's so fun to rearrange and start fresh sometimes, and this has definitely been a fun addition. 

2. Emails. 

I am the type of person who often checks her email and tries to read/reply to important ones and definitely ones from people/friends/family, but rarely deletes or unsubscribes from ones I don't need... Well, over break, I successfully went through thousands (I know, ridiculous. Google even locked me out for a little while because I'm sure they thought there was a hacker in my account) and cleared my unread down to zero. I was amazed. Pierce was amazed. We are 11 days into the new year, and I'm happy to say it is still down to zero. Check back in in a few weeks though... haha I'm hoping to keep it up! 

3. Decluttering. 

I know January brings this word into most of our worlds at some point. But over break, I picked up "Decluttering at the Speed of Life" by Dana K White again and read it for the second time. I'm not quite sure why, but for some reason, her book is so inspiring to me. I always put it down feeling like I can go through my next drawer or cabinet without a problem. In this season, it happens to be our "guest room," which I have joked that has slightly turned into our "attic." *Gulp* Hahaha With Baby Riddick #2 on the way (the sweetest thought!!), we are thinking we might do a little rearranging in the spring and really need that room to be decluttered and open for some fun design projects (my favorite!) 

So....I am over here going through many boxes and under the bed storage bins, desk drawers and more trying to live a little more simply in this new year... It's not the easiest thing for me, but we scheduled our first donation pick-up yesterday and seeing several boxes on our front porch be given a new home for hopefully someone who needs the items definitely felt good. I'll be sure to keep you updated on the process for sure, and if you're in your own decluttering season, know that I'm right there with you. 

4. Fruits and Vegetables. 
I will post some of our January Goals on here soon, but most know already that we do a cleanse every January. We've done it since 2018, and it is always one of our very favorite things. Usually, we just do no grains or sugars, but this year, we decided to challenge ourselves to get 10 servings of fruits and vegetables a day as well, and let me tell you, it has been a challenge. But a fun one. And one that has made us feel so much better about the way we're stewarding our body. It's also made us realize that we don't eat nearly enough fruits and vegetables on a regular basis haha We've gone through so much produce, but have loved trying all of the fruits and vegetables we can think of and are loving the daily challenge. We've been trying to keep track of the ones we've had so far, which has also been a fun little addition to our days. 

5. Miscellaneous Items. 

Goodness...miscellaneous items... These little guys will be the death of me. For some reason, miscellaneous things just can really cause me to crumble and fall apart. I can have the best routines, habits, systems, and be moving along just great, but add a miscellaneous item to that routine/habit/system/space and I truly crumble.

That is where many of my rhythms happen to be right now. I've been using our "new" laundry system for over a year now, and I love it. It works so well for our family. Except for when you add those miscellaneous items in... Think the white sheets that I used as our Christmas tree skirt, Pierce's work pants that he used to change the oil and I feel like I might need to wash them separately, a new red outfit given to Jane that I'm not sure if it will bleed, the list keeps going, and all of the sudden, my "system" comes to a halt because I don't know how to add miscellaneous to my daily rhythm. A terrible design flaw in my thinking, I know, but...it's where I am currently hahaha So, this weekend, I will be over here trying to tackle all of my miscellaneous items... From laundry to random little things that need to find a home or be put away...hopefully on Monday I will be feeling much less in a state of "crumbling" from these little guys... I'll keep you posted. 

6. Snow. 
And finally. Snow. I think it will always be a teacher in me, but basically, all winter long, I look at the 10-day forecast almost daily seeing if there's any snow on the way. And I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we may get some early next week. 
I grabbed this little snow bib for Jane just incase we get enough this winter for her to play in. Bring on all the white, coziness of winter! I'll have the fire going and hot tea on the stove ready for a winter wonderland!! And I hope you stay warm (and safe) wherever you are as well!!! 

And really, there you have it. Just a few little random thoughts for your Friday. Thanks for following along on a very random journey of some updates... I am off to work on my miscellaneous items and get the house cleaned for the weekend. I'll plan on seeing you back here on Tuesday! I hope everyone has the very best weekend!! And here's to hoping there is some snow in the forecast! 

Sending lots of blessings! 
XO
Tab

2 comments:

  1. Where did you find the sweet new icons for your screen? I love that set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Kerry! Honestly, I wish they all came together, but I found most on Pinterest - or Google :) I just searched for each icon, chose one I liked and then linked it with the shortcut app!

      Delete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!