Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Snow Crafts ☃️🎨

Happy Tuesday!!! Well, sadly, we are waking up to most of our snow melted from our fun snow week last week, but our home still has many sweet memories from the week in the form of Jane's hand and foot prints, and I thought I would share incase any of you are looking for some sweet crafts to do this winter as well!!! 


One of my goals this year is to try to do a craft with Jane each month to hang in our play room/study. I have a little bulletin board and frame that I love displaying her art, and when our cold mornings came, I knew it was the perfect opportunity to try out some fun January ideas!! I also love giving these as little gifts to sweet neighbors, friends and family as well. 

I'm sharing just incase anyone is looking for a sweet, simple craft to do this cozy winter as well!!! 

All you need for almost all of these is: 
  • Paint (This is my favorite little kit - you can find this at any Target or craft store too)
  • Paper (I actually have a stash of colored card stock that I like to use for these crafts, but construction paper is perfect too!!) I used an assortment of blue and purple, and a little black, orange and brown for the snowmen! 
  • Scissors
  • Glue
  • Optional: I like to use a paint brush to brush her hands and feet, but I've used my fingers before too. I like to have wipes on hand for an easy and quick clean-up. And I used q-tips for the snowy dots and twine to tie the mittens together. ☺️

This little guy was the first one I saw and wanted to try, and I think it's the simplest and is the CUTEST little gift to send or give as well. 
  • I just painted her foot white and stamped it on blue card stock. 
  • When it dried, I cut out a "snowman" like shape. 
  • I cut out two arms from brown construction paper, a tiny orange nose and black hat and glued them on. 
  • Then added with a sharpie eyes, a smile and buttons. 
  • SO easy and simple and SO cute!!! 
This little one was just an extra that I made for a sweet neighbor on a half sheet of paper, and it ended up being on of my favorites!! I did the same as the one above, except for I didn't cut it out, I added a little snow with a foam brush and then had Jane paint little q-tip snowy dots! 
  • Paint and stamp a white footprint on a half sheet of card stock. 
  • Paint little snowy accents with a foam-brush. 
  • Have your little help with little q-tip white dots. 
  • Cut out the brown arms, black hat, and orange nose and glue them on. 
  • Then add eyes, a smile and buttons with a sharpie. 
  • SUCH a cute gift!!! 
We used it as a thank you to our sweet neighbors who let us borrow their sled all week!! 

This one is the exact same as the one above just on a whole sheet of paper. :) 
  • Paint and stamp a white footprint on a blue sheet of card stock. 
  • Paint little snowy accents with a foam-brush. 
  • Have your little help with little q-tip white dots. 
  • Cut out the brown arms, black hat, and orange nose and glue them on. 
  • Then add eyes, a smile and buttons with a sharpie. 
  • So simple and cute!! 

But on one of ours, I added this little phrase, and I loved it so much too!!! 
  • Paint and stamp a white footprint on a blue sheet of card stock. 
  • Paint little snowy accents with a foam-brush. 
  • Have your little help with little q-tip white dots. 
  • Cut out the brown arms, black hat, and orange nose and glue them on. 
  • Add eyes, a smile and buttons with a sharpie. 
  • Then add "I love you SNOW much!" around the top and bottom :)
I loved it so much, I added it to our purple the next day too!! 

And last but not least, these ADORABLE mittens!!! These might be the easiest of all, and maybe just my very favorite!!! 
  • Paint and stamp a purple handprint on a piece of light purple card stock. 
  • When it dries, cut out a "mitten" shape around the hand. 
  • Have your little help you put snowy white q-tip dots all over the mitten. 
  • Cut two little dark purple rectangles and glue them on the bottom with their name and year. 
  • Then cut a small piece of twine, tie two little bows on each end and glue them onto the bottom. 
  • The CUTEST little memory!!!! 
Jane loved making these, and I did too!!
We have a few hanging on her bulletin board. 
And a few over her little kitchen. 
And they just make me smile!!!

We have lots to give as gifts too and such sweet memories from our snow week!! I hope these are a blessing to any of you hoping to make a little craft this week or weekend with your little one or gives you something fun to do on your next snow day. 🥰❄️☃️
If you are looking for more or have a little bit of an older one, I also have this Snow Globe Craft post that is just as adorable as well!! And you can see all of my craft posts in one spot here. ☺️

Here's to enjoying the little things and making sweet memories with those little hands and feet! I'll hopefully be back next month with a February craft as well as we make our way through 2024!! 

Happy crafting!! 
XO
Tabitha

4 comments:

  1. These are so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks Elizabeth!! It was taking me back to our planner days! 😉😂 We'll have to do a few crafts while you're in town next time ☺️🤗

      Delete
  2. Those are so stinking cute!! I'm so excited to have baby hands/feet to do crafts with again - it's not nearly as cute when they're six LOL!!! not saying we still don't do them ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness YES! His little hands and feet will be so tiny!!! I can't wait to see what you guys create ☺️ And I also feel the same - I'm sure I'll be making Jane do handprints for many more years hahaha

      Delete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!