Thursday, January 25, 2024

Frame This Moment - Late Night Walks

Happy Thursday!!! Hope everyone is having such a great week!! Today's Frame This Moment came from a spontaneous "date night" Pierce and I had last Thursday night, and it became one of our favorite memories!!  
I mentioned this in yesterday's January Goals post, but I had this crazy thought of walking one mile a day in the month of January, and it had been going so well until Nashville had our huge snow and ice storm last week. 

Most of the days, we were still able to get out and get a mile in, but of the time pulling Jane around on the sled and walking up and down our hills covered in snow... But last Thursday, we put Jane down a little early to bed and realized that we were no where near a mile for the day... So Pierce made us some our favorite Dandelion Mocha Mint tea in thermoses, and we set out on the icy roads in our neighborhood... 

We came to the next street over, and saw a sled FLY down the hill of ice past the street and into the next cul-de-sac. We had to take a closer look, and we found a sweet teacher that I used to teach with out with her husband and neighbors soaking up the night on their Flexible Flyer tobaggan sled... 
They offered to let us take a turn, and I felt like I was living out a scene from Cool Runnings in the '90s 😂🛷 We had so much fun though, and still talk about that as such a fun "unplanned" date night. 
As we were walking (semi-skating) back home to finish our mile, our sweet neighbor snapped this and sent it to me, and it just made me smile. 

This was the first of a few late night walks during that ice-storm, and I loved every one of them. Definitely a fun moment and memory to frame today!! Thanks as always for sharing yours too!! They always make my day!! Thanks for soaking in the small and simple joys with me - how sweet it is to do!! I'll plan to see you back here tomorrow!! 

And as always, here's to enjoying the little things, celebrating the big things, and soaking in all the moments in-between!!
Lots of love!! 
XO 
Tab

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!