Friday, January 19, 2024

Thoughts and Favorites For Your Friday

Happy Friday!!! We are still snowed in over here, and we are just loving it and making the most out of this sweet and fun week! I thought I'd just share a few little thoughts and favorites for your Friday morning! I hope you're finding simple and small joys wherever you are this cozy January morning as well!! 


1. A Cozy Home. 

There is just something about a home covered in snow. I love it so much. The white peaceful look, the beautiful little snow-covered leaves and trees...
And a cozy inside with snow outside is just as sweet... 
If only those snow-covered evergreens were always our backdrop!! We have lived by this cozy fire this week though, and I have loved it. 

2. Winter Crafts. 
I've been channeling my inner JK teacher this week and broke out our paper and paint to make a "craaaaaaaf" as Jane calls it haha I set out just to make a snowman or two for our study/play room and we ended up adding a few to make gifts for sweet older neighbors and grandparents too. Everytime I finished a footprint she would say, "Moorre peeeese." Haha it made me smile and made my teacher heart glad for sure!! I'll be sure to post them when I get them all finished!

3. Reading. 
This little girl is also seriously always reading, and it also makes my teacher (and Mama) heart so glad. She asked Pierce to lay down with her this week and grabbed a book for him and then one for her. It made me smile, and I loved even more that she still had her snow bib on. I'm tell you...she has worn it all day every day this week haha 
I've also been putting books in her crib for when she wakes up from her nap and on this particular day, I brought her a snack and water and she just stayed and kept reading... I hope I always remember these days, and I also hope she always loves reading!! I just finished my second book this year, and I made a goal to hit 20 this year - I only wish I could take a nap and then wake up and just read till my heart was content hahaha 

4. Jane's Drawing Pad.
We got this little drawing pad for our Thanksgiving travels this year, and it has been a favorite for sure. We made a family trek to the grocery store before a second wave of sleet and snow came, and I snapped this as this little one just drew the whole time. 
I try to break it out before dinner or in the car, and it always is a fun change of pace for sure. 

5. Tea and cards. 
And lastly, one of my favorite things about January is it seems to be the month that we always drink a little more tea at night and play a little more cards, and I love it so much. I look forward to it so much. Pierce and I have been playing cards together since we were just friends at summer camp, and it is still such a very, very favorite of mine. 

And there you have it...just a few random thoughts and favorites for your Friday. I am off to finish these little snowmen, clean and tidy before our snowy weekend and hopefully check a few more places off of my decluttering journey over here! I hope everyone is staying warm and cozy and has such a sweet weekend!! And thanks Erika and Andrea for the fun blog link-up! 

I'll plan to see you back here on Tuesday!!
Lots of blessings!
XO
Tab

2 comments:

  1. Gosh, Jane is just getting so big and she's adorable! We have evergreens in our backyard and there is NOTHING better than that snowy backdrop!!! However, KC and these insane negative windchills need to gooooo lol! We aren't quite enjoying our snow like you guys because it's too cold (and mama's tooooo pregnant for snow boots at this point LOL)! Looks like you guys are soaking it all in though!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really is getting SO big!! I still can't believe it sometimes... And oh my goodness I can't imagine!!! We couldn't believe the temperatures at the Chiefs' game two weekends ago - I was thinking about you all!! I totallyyy get that too 😂 Hopefully it warms up a bit so you guys can enjoy some of your snow!!! Love that you all have a beautiful backdrop though ☺️❄️

      Delete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!