Wednesday, January 31, 2024

What's Up Wednesday [January 2024]

Happy Wednesday and LAST day of January!!! I can't believe it!! I always love the month of January for so many reasons, but it always does feel like such a long month! I am excited and eager though to welcome February in tomorrow!!! Bring on all the pink and red and Valentine's!!! 

Today I thought I would hop on the blog link-up and share a little of what's been going on in The Riddick Family this past month!! Hope your January has been full of many blessings and simple joys as well!! 


What We've Been Eating:
Basically, this month we've been living on all the fruit and all the vegetables... We always do no grains or sugars in January, but this month we challenged ourselves to have 10 servings of fruit and vegetables a day, and it was definitely a fun challenge!!! 
We tried to keep this little corner of our kitchen very well-stocked throughout the month! 
We had lots of omelettes...
And breakfast tacos and almond flour pancakes and breakfasts together... 
Our very favorite artichokes... 
And lots of salmon, cauliflower rice and kale salad over here for us too... 
This became a favorite flavor of Kombucha this month too... 
And of course it wouldn't be January without lots of hot tea and cards at night!! 

What We're Reminiscing About:
The Super Bowl next weekend has us looking back to 2021!!
My parents grew up in Tampa and have always been big Tampa Bay Buccaneers fans, so getting to watch the Super Bowl with family and sweet cousins was SUCH a treat!!! 
And there's nothing better than celebrating that big WIN!!! What a fun weekend to remember! ☺️

What We're Loving:
We've been loving praying for this second little one and a simple joy has been watching Jane carry around this picture in her "purse" and truly take it every where. 
I catch her pulling it out and looking at it all the time, and it always makes me smile. 
We can't wait to meet you little one!!

What We've Been Up To:
This month has marked lots of lots of walking in our little neighborhood... Jane and I are finishing up our one mile a day today, and it has been such a fun challenge!!
So much Nashville snow!! ❄️☃️
Lots of grocery trip runs!!
And sweet and simple days at home with this little one...I've loved them all!!! 

What We're Dreading:

There's not too much to dread when a fun and sweet month is on the horizon!!! 

What We're Working On:

I am still working on a major upstairs closet/ room switch that has been a fun project to work on this month!! Decluttering at the Speed of Life is always my best friend come January, but this year, it's been extra-sweet thinking about preparing space in our home for another little one this summer!!! 

What We're Excited About:
We have been counting down to February to break back out our sourdough starters and make another loaf of just our very favorite bread. You will definitely find this on our dinner table tomorrow night...yum!!!

What We've Been Watching/Reading:
Well, this little one is always reading!!! 
Truly...it always makes me smile, and I hope she always loves reading!!! Pierce and I are now a month into our Bible Reading, and it's always such a blessing! I just finished a sweet Denise Hunter book and Pierce is working his way through a few classics as well!! 
But most of our spare moments are spent reading with this girl, and we couldn't love it more!! 

What We've Been Listening To:

Lots of lots of new little words from Jane, and I love them all!!

What We've Been Wearing:
We've been wearing all the layers this month!! From hats and gloves and fleece-lined leggings, this month has been a cold one here in Nashville!! 
But THIS jacket has definitely been my very favorite. I needed a good winter coat that was a little longer to take to New York, and I think I have worn it every day this winter. (I even wore it under my ski-coat when we were out in the snow.) I just love it so much!! 

What We're Doing This Weekend:

We have a free calendar this weekend and are so looking forward to it!!! Our sweet small group will come over for lunch after church on Sunday, but otherwise, you can find the three of us cozied up with the fire on and hopefully a yummy soup on the stove!!!

What We're Looking Forward To Next Month:
What is there NOT to look forward to next month?! I LOVE all that February brings with it... the pink, the red, the Valentine's Day, the fun sweatshirts and adorable little girls' clothes... I just love it all!!! 
Oh my goodness...take me back to 10 month old little Jane!!! 

What We're Thankful For:
I'm always thankful for these two, and we can't wait to add another little one in just a few months!! 

And that about wraps it up for a just a little look at January over here... It's been a fun month and a great start to 2024! I hope yours has been as well!! Thanks Shay and Sheaffer for the fun blog link-up! And here's to welcoming such a fun and sweet February!!! 

I'll plan on seeing you back here tomorrow! 
Lots of blessings!
XO
Tabitha

2 comments:

  1. I love that she carries the picture around with her! That is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you, Bri! It always makes us smile too ☺️💕

      Delete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!