Friday, January 20, 2023

Friday Favorites - Sunshine, Kombucha and Our Latest Show

HAPPY FRIDAY!!! We always joke around here that our weekends really start on Thursdays... We love Thursdays. We try to make them fun, always have some type of date night on Thursday nights, and really the weekend is just longer if you view them as starting *basically* on Thursday afternoon. :) So, happy a little into the weekend already 😂 

Today, I just rounded up a random assortment of things we are loving around here these days... I feel like there is a little a bit of everything on here today, and I hope maybe one of these things will bless your days as well you're finding simple joys throughout your days too!!

Here are just a few Friday Favorites for you from the Riddicks!




Our first favorite is simply this little girl being old enough to take to the "park." Hahaha We had a beautiful spring day this past week, and I packed up some leftovers and met Pierce at a park right by his work. We ate, enjoyed the sunshine and then Jane had some time on the swings before we left. Our "lunches together" sure look different these days, but we wouldn't trade them for the world! 
And even though the park is way more fun on spring days, we've been trying to get outside even on freezing cold dreary January days too. Fresh air is just good for the soul!


Speaking of spring-like days, I think I've been channeling some warmer weather by wearing pink and drinking a spring color Kombucha 😂 We are always on the lookout for fun flavors, and this Guava Goodness is definitely one of our favorites right now.
Guava Goodness and a Larabar is pretty much my go-to while Jane naps and I work on my blog and tutor! 


Another random favorite these days, especially for Jane, is this sweet song. We've started a little playlist on our Spotify for her and this one has definitely made its way to the top. She dances and "sings" along, and I basically have the entire song memorized at this point...along with all of the books of the Bible and Psalm 119:9-11. It's pretty amazing what putting things to songs can do...it really sticks with you! Haha If you have any great recommendations music wise, we'd gladly take them!! 


On a different note...this is mine and Pierce's current favorite show... I know it's been around literally forever, but we came across an episode over Christmas break, and I think it surprised us both how much we enjoyed watching it. So, three weeks later, we've now seen our fair share of episodes from the whole gamete of seasons. 

Honestly, we aren't really "tv-watchers," which I guess isn't surprising considering we don't even have a TV in the house, but we always find that we like shows about real people a lot better than fiction... Give us Amazing Race, Survivor, cooking shows or Shark Tank any day and you might have us hooked a little longer...but even so, we always say we aren't good at watching shows because we always fall off the bandwagon pretty quickly... However, give us a card game and a cup of tea and we'll stay up way too late multiple days in a row to soak in every last minute of energy we have hahaha But for now, we're enjoying our love for Shark Tank while it lasts 😂 


Oh Pilates...anyone out there remember my August Goal last year?! "Try one of my free pilates classes..." Well, I'm proud and a little embarrassed to say that it was officially completed in January the following year hahaha I finally made it to one of the classes this past week and loved it! I won these eight classes last spring at a silent auction for our sweet school, but with Jane and then the crazy months of newborn life, it's taken me a bit to find new rhythms, but this is one that I'm already starting to love! I don't want the eight to run out now....haha 


And lastly, this little girl and I have been bundling up in the mornings and wearing out a path in our neighborhood with a morning walk. It's become a favorite around here...even on the cold dreary mornings. I pack a little snack for Jane, grab some tea and we listen to a podcast together as we walk 😂 Jane watches every moving thing in the neighborhood, and I love a little exercise and time outside. If you have any great podcast recommendations, send them our way for sure! 

And that about does it over here for a few Friday Favorites! Thanks Erika and Andrea for a fun blog link-up! I hope you and your families have such a great weekend! I've been trying to get out our "big vacuum" on Friday mornings, so that we can go into the weekend feeling a little more put together home wise, so I'm off to vacuum this morning...wish me luck hahaha

Thanks for reading and following along!!! Happy Friday!!
❤️Tabitha

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!