Friday, January 13, 2023

Friday Favorites - Tea, Bible Reading, and More

HAPPY FRIDAY! We love ourselves a good Friday over here. The forecast is calling for some snow showers this morning, and we are hoping we get to see a tiny bit of white going into the weekend! 

Today, I've just rounded up a few of our favorites these days to share! Hope your January has been full of new and old favorites as well and that you enjoy reading a few of ours! 




Well, it's January, and we are back at it. This seems to have taken the number one spot for our morning "place," especially in the colder and darker month of January. I have several pictures very similar to this in 2021 and 2022 - the main difference now is that sometimes Jane is playing with toys all around us and sometimes, we have the little monitor while she is sound asleep upstairs. 
We are reading through the Bible in a year with several friends from our small group, and it's been the most encouraging. I grabbed Pierce's Readers Bible to have something new and fresh to read this year, and I've loved it!! I highly recommend it if you're looking for something to change your reading just a little - it's the ESV Bible without headers or verse numbers, and I find myself really into the story because I don't have headers giving me a "heads-up" on what's coming. I've really enjoyed it so far!! And you feel very accomplished because you move through the pages rather quickly with it all in one column! 


Speaking of the colder darker month of January...THIS will make it SO much better. If you've been around here long enough, you know that I love hot tea. My mom practically raised me on it since I was little, and I truly love everything about it. You can find some of my posts on hot tea here. But over Christmas, my dad had ordered a few different specialty flavors Teeccino (which is an amazing brand of tea/caffeine-free "coffee" of sorts.) Pierce and I tried this Dandelion Mocha Mint and were hooked. It literally tastes like Andes mints meets a peppermint milkshake meets hot chocolate and that doesn't even do it justice. 😂 Just trust me, it's an amazing tea and has a similar "coffee" vibe, but it's been our go-to, especially at night. If you're looking for something yummy to drink, this has replaced our dessert after dinner this month, and it's definitely a favorite around here. 


Another random kitchen find that's a favorite right now is this shredded coconut. We grabbed some at the beginning of the year and have used to on so many things the past several weeks. From yogurt and acai bowls to a new favorite of Jane's...it's a current Riddick favorite, especially in the kitchen! 
See, a true favorite!! 🥥😂 



Another of Jane's favorite...We have been reading this sweet Bible to her at night before bed and the other day, she pulled it out and said, "Dada!" Hahaha cue the tears! It was so sweet. She knows Daddy usually reads it with us every night. I hope and pray the Bible will forever be one of her favorite books!! And that she ALWAYS associates it with her Daddy. :) (And her Mama! Hahaha)


I wrote a little about this night here, but a favorite this week was definitely getting to cheer on Pierce this week during his show last weekend. It's always been one of my favorite things, and it was so special, especially getting to have Jane there! 


And lastly, a favorite this week has been having a clean and put away home. Taking down Christmas is always bittersweet, but we had the best time enjoying the season, and I always love how refreshing the house feels put back to normal a little more in January. 

And there you have it...just a few favorites of the Riddicks over here... I'd love to hear any of your current simple joys that you're loving these days! They always give me such good ideas! 

I hope you and your family have such a restful and fun weekend. I am taking Monday off to spend time with Pierce and Jane, as Pierce has the day off work, so I'll see you back here on Tuesday! 

Thanks for reading and following along!!! 
<3 Tabitha

2 comments:

  1. I have never seen a Bible in that style. What a great way to read it as a book. Your home is so cozy and inviting. I clicked to over to see the live music night. How talented your husband is! My son (age 19) plays guitar, and got a cajon for Christmas. He is excited to learn more about percussion. Stopping in from Friday Favorites. :) Tanya txtanya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks for stopping by Tanya!! I'm so glad you did and thanks for your sweet comment!! I've loved the Reader's Bible so far - it really has been a great way to read it this year. Also, what a fun Christmas gift for your son! I hope he loves it as he starts learning more about percussion! It's definitely fun to have musicians in the family. :) Look forward to reading more on your blog! Thanks again for stopping by!!

      Delete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!