Tuesday, January 31, 2023

What's Up Wednesday...on a Tuesday [January 2023]

Well, it's Tuesday, the last day of January, and for some reason, for most of the month I though that January 31st fell on a Wednesday... But last week I realized I had my days a little off 😂 So, here we are, on a Tuesday but with What's Up Wednesday. I always love reading through this blog link-up, so I figured it would be the perfect day to still post it as we wrap up January... I also can't believe we're already wrapping up January!!!

But here's a little look into what's been going on with the Riddicks recently! 



What We've Been Eating:
Oh goodness...we've been eating all the amazing meals these days with our January cleanse and our new meal plan/grocery pick-up routine... From salmon and ratatouille...
To steak tacos with almond flour tortillas...
To one of our favorite chicken skillet nachos... 
And a few favorite salad recipes... 
All the while this girl is loving trying new things too...it's been a fun month in the Riddick Kitchen. And still a top goal of mine to start posting some of our recipes...maybe I should make it an actual February goal 🤔

What We're Reminiscing About:
We love our study in our house so much... It really does feel like it's the room we most live in right now.
We always knew this would be one of the first rooms to change and shift and grow in different seasons of our family, and now Jane has a little shelf with toys and books, and we have a rug full of room to crawl and play. And as we continue to brainstorm how the room would best serve us right now...I'm thinking our mantel may get shifted around a little and we've been reminiscing on that sweet purchase... 
I saw it for the first time in 2016 in a little antique mall in Plano, and a year later I found myself back in Dallas with Pierce's truck and couldn't believe it was still there. By that point, I had a little savings from teaching, and Pierce helped me get it and drive it back to Nashville... What a fun purchase and memory, and I'm sure it will continue to be one of my favorite things even if it finds a new place in our home for a bit. (I also blogged a little bit more about the story and our study here.)

What We're Loving:
I posted these on our Friday Favorites, but goodness...these homemade chocolate peanut butter cups really are our favorite treat right now. We have just been replacing the sweetener with honey and making them in our little ice trays, and they make for the most delicious treat! They are so simple and yummy!!
Speaking of treats, this is also still one of our VERY favorites. This Dandelion Mocha Mint is absolutely one of our favorite drinks, and we've been loving it after dinner as another little treat... so good!!!

What We've Been Up To:
January held a lot of cozy days at home, but it also held a new favorite music night for Pierce and a fun night that Jane and I got to cheer him on!! 

What We're Dreading:
This little girl growing up....hahaha kidding, but also a little serious...it's going by way too fast!! 

What We're Working On:
I wrote a little bit more about it here, but I've been inspired after reading The Lazy Genius Way and am working on a few places in our home that have been gathering things for a while... I'm starting small, but it feels good to get a few things more practical and helpful for the season we're in right now. 

What We're Excited About:
We are definitely hoping for another snow around here this year!!! ❄️☃️

What We've Been Watching/Reading:
Pierce and I are working our way through the Bible this year. (You can download our plan here if you want to join!) And Jane has been reading all of her favorites these days. 
And loving her little Bible too... 
Just soaking in these days of my reading look a lot like this in the mornings...
I've also loved this one this month... 
And we made January the month of Shark Tank apparently 😂 

What We've Been Listening To:
We've been making Jane a little playlists with some sweet songs on it, and this one is definitely stuck in our heads on repeat 😂 

What We've Been Wearing:
Well, Jane's been wearing her hat on pretty much every cold day, and I love when I can wear mine too to match!!

What We're Doing This Weekend:
We're celebrating my sweet sister's birthday this weekend and can't wait!! 

What We're Looking Forward To Next Month:
Oh, I just LOVE the month of February!!!
And even though I'm not in the classroom this year, I'm still looking forward to all the pink, red, purple and my very favorite XOXO sweatshirt. 🥰

What We're Thankful For:
These two. I'll always be grateful. ❤️ We're trying our best to soak up this sweet season!!! 

And that pretty much wraps up the start to our 2023 this January... Thanks Shay and Sheaffer for the fun blog link-up! And thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!

I'll plan on seeing you back here tomorrow and here's to wishing everyone a great last day of January!!! 
Blessings,
❤️Tab

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!