Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Snow Globe Craft

Happy Wednesday!! With snow on the mind over here and hoping for some in the forecast soon, I thought it would be fun to share one of my favorite snowy January activities that I loved to make with my students.
If I lived in a snow globe... I made these in 2nd grade and then again in Junior Kindergarten, and they were both so sweet. The kids loved them, and I still hear from parents that it's one of their favorite crafts to pull out or hang up in the winter. 
All you need is blue, white and black construction paper, a big clear dinner plate, and fake snow from a craft store. And then you'll need a hot glue gun to glue the plate down and a way to print out a picture. :) 
In junior kindergarten one year, it actually snowed while we were at school, and I knew this would be the perfect activity to do that day. So I took the kids outside (after reading our snow globe book below) and had them make a pose of something they wanted to do if they lived in a snow globe. They came up with some really sweet ideas, and I snapped the picture, printed them out and then cut them out so they'd have them for their crafts. (In second grade, I had the kids cut out their pictures since they could be a little more detailed.)
I took a big sheet of blue construction paper and traced around the dinner plate and around the prompt (which you can download here) to make the snow globe, and then taught the kids how they could trace the plate on white to make it look like the bottom in covered in snow. They cut out snow balls, made paper snowflakes, and just had fun filling the inside of their "snow globe." 
Then after they wrote their little prompt (which were all sweet in and of themselves!), I added some "fake snow" and hot glued the edge of their plate down around their snow globe. 
They were all SO proud of their snow globes and couldn't wait to take them home. In second grade, we worked more on writing, and I stapled several pieces of paper together for their story. 
But for the littles, we just worked on writing a few words down below their picture. These are still some of my favorite little memories, and I'm glad that the kids (and parents) still love them too!! 
I hope this is a fun little craft if you're looking for something fun to do on a snowy day! As you can imagine there are a million different crafts and even different versions of this snow globe, but this one will always have a special place in my heart! 
And this is the sweet book that goes along with it so well. It will make you look differently at snow globes. :)

And there you have it! I hope you find time to make this one day, and I really hope you'll share a picture if you do!! 

Thanks for following along, and I'll see you back here tomorrow!!
Here's to hoping for snow soon!!!
❄️🥰Tab

4 comments:

  1. This is the CUTEST thing ever! 😍 I love a craft to go with a storybook!! ❄️ ⛄️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks, Alinda!! I do too!! I think it's the teacher in me, but I'm always on the lookout for a good pair ☺️🤗🥰

      Delete
  2. These are sooo cute!!! We've got snow on the ground today, I may need to snap a picture to make these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww I soo hope you did!!! I can't wait to put Jane in a snow globe one of these days hahaha hope you guys enjoyed the snow!!! We are hoping for some more before the end of the season!! ❄️

      Delete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!