Tuesday, January 10, 2023

January Goals

Well, here we are on January 10th, and it felt like as good as time as ever to talk about some January goals... 
I love some good January Goals. I tend to love the first of every month. I always feel like it's such a fresh start to any season. It gives my mind a little chance to step back and prioritize what's important and create some goals that would help make the month better.

January is a fun one because it's a chance to look not only at the month but at the year too... Pierce and I always try to carve out a little time to reflect, and this year we basically called it "Resetting our January," which I might do post on soon, but today, I just narrowed it down to a few January Goals with a look back on December too. :) 
Oh, December. You were a busy one, but a good one!! 

1. Run 25 miles. 
Well, I thought this one would be so simple to complete, especially since we were spending several days with family and built in babysitter for Jane, but... the snow came and stayed on the ground for well over a week. Mixed with everything Christmas, I can honestly say I only completed half of this one. Pierce helped me get to 12.5 and we called it as close to finished as I could get it haha I loved all of my runs though and did several walks with family and Jane! 

2. Get Christmas Cards sent out by December 18th. 
I am happy to say that these little guys were actually in the mail on Monday morning after the 18th. It was so fun to receive so many this year too - we love Christmas cards so much and loved having so many in our home this Christmas season! 

3. Finish my GraceLaced Emmanuel Devotion. 
Aww...I loved this little devotional! I love Ruth Chou Simons and loved the encouragement I found through these pages as she walked us through Scripture leading up to Christmas. I started reading them out loud each morning, and I think even Pierce was encouraged by her words (and my family on a few mornings in KY.) I highly recommend this sweet devotional for anyone who is looking for one next Christmas season (or any season...) It was a favorite, and I'm so glad I was able to complete it before the New Year. You can also find several others of her devotionals here too if you're looking for one in this new year! 
And now for January...
1. No grains or sugars. 
This is the sixth January we've done no grains or sugars, and I think each year it actually gets a little easier and we honestly look forward to it a little more. We always feel the best versions of ourselves at the end of January, and are so thankful for a little time to reset. We usually start adding back in a few things at the start of February, but try to hold off on sugar until Valentine's Day... It's always been our tradition to splurge on something fun that day - usually a milkshake of some sort or a fun dessert we've been looking forward to. :)

2. Go to bed each night with a clean sink and kitchen.
Ahh...this one. This is also quickly becoming a classic one for us in January. It just puts us in a good mindset to get back into all of our routines and habits... It's so much easier to start each morning when the sink is clean and the kitchen is "ready to go." We honestly try to live by this habit and goal most of the year, but January, we really prioritize it, and I think it always helps us stick to our other goals (especially trying to eat well and plan our meals.) So, we'll be over here cleaning each night... We usually try to reward ourselves after with a cup of tea to enjoy ☺️

3. Complete one organizational project at home. 
And lastly...for some reason, January just inspires me to organize... There's nothing like a clean, fresh, and organized home, especially at the start of a new year. So this month, I just made it my goal to do one organizational project. There are a few places that need a fresh start, and I thought picking one to tackle this month would be a perfect place to start. Wish me luck πŸ˜‚ hahahaha

And that's all for January over here... What are your goals for the month?! I always love hearing the ones you guys are working on so much! 

Here's to a productive first month of 2023! We are hoping for lots of snow and sweet time cozied up and time outside enjoying the winter sunshine when it comes! 

I'll plan on seeing you back here tomorrow!!
Blessings, 
Tabitha

6 comments:

  1. We are also doing something similar! We are doing no sweets and no sausage (lol) for January! I did a strict zero added sugar at all challenge in 2021 and it was amazing, but also so hard! I’m making it a little easier on myself this time by just cutting out sweets and desserts :) -Jenny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny that sounds like a great goal!! I'm so impressed with the zero added sugar! We try to be aware of that, but it can really add up quickly!! Good luck with your January cleanse!!! Hopefully by the time February rolls around we'll be glad we stuck with it. ☺️ Thanks for sharing your goals!!!

      Delete
  2. The clean kitchen is a MUST! We ( I lol) live by that year around. There's nothing worse than walking out the door for work or making kiddos breakfast when there are already dirty dishes sitting in the sink, it's the OCD in me lol!! These seem like some good January goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha yes! I could not agree more. It really makes all the difference in the morning and really sets the day up well!! Always love hearing more about your home and family :) Thanks for your encouragement! Happy January!!!

      Delete
  3. My January goal is to get through it. ~love, MomπŸͺ΄πŸ’•❄️☔️🌦☀️πŸͺΊπŸŒ·πŸŒΉπŸŒ»πŸŒΊ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha that's hilarious!! Yes, bring on spring and all things sunshine!!! ☀️🌷πŸ₯°

      Delete

I love hearing from you!! Thanks for following along in this little journey of ours!